BYU football: Cougars, Cavaliers agree to home-and-home series in 2013, 2014
PROVO — BYU and Virginia have agreed to a home-and-home series for 2013 and 2014.
The Cougars will open the 2013 football season in Charlottesville, Va., on Aug. 31. The Cavaliers will visit Provo on Sept. 20, 2014.
"I really like this series with Virginia," said BYU athletic director Tom Holmoe. "It's been more than a decade since we played at Virginia. It should be a great game for BYU fans in that part of the country and will provide a unique travel experience for both teams."
BYU and Virginia have met three times in football, with the Cavaliers owning a 2-1 lead. The last time the two teams met, in 2000, the Cougars won in overtime, 38-35, in LaVell Edwards' final season as head coach. BYU rallied from a 21-0 halftime deficit.
- The 1996 NBA Draft redone: How did the Jazz...
- Morning links: BYU's Taysom Hill's future...
- 5 things to look for as BYU heads into fall camp
- BYU football: Fred Warner, other...
- Brad Rock: Hill, Keeton, Booker not the best...
- 5 things Utah football needs for coming season
- Utahns in baseball: Former Ute Morin plays...
- High school football: Hillcrest Huskies 2015...
- Ute football team picked to finish 5th... 55
- Morning links: BYU, Utah and Utah State... 45
- 5 things to look for as BYU heads into... 35
- Whittingham says Hatfield is still... 29
- Mendenhall: BYU's 2015 schedule... 23
- Morning links: BYU's Taysom Hill's... 23
- Pac-12 media day: Utah Kyle Whittingham... 16
- Morning links: BYU letting fans... 16