BYU football: Cougars, Cavaliers agree to home-and-home series in 2013, 2014
PROVO — BYU and Virginia have agreed to a home-and-home series for 2013 and 2014.
The Cougars will open the 2013 football season in Charlottesville, Va., on Aug. 31. The Cavaliers will visit Provo on Sept. 20, 2014.
"I really like this series with Virginia," said BYU athletic director Tom Holmoe. "It's been more than a decade since we played at Virginia. It should be a great game for BYU fans in that part of the country and will provide a unique travel experience for both teams."
BYU and Virginia have met three times in football, with the Cavaliers owning a 2-1 lead. The last time the two teams met, in 2000, the Cougars won in overtime, 38-35, in LaVell Edwards' final season as head coach. BYU rallied from a 21-0 halftime deficit.
- Ranking the best running backs in BYU history
- Chris McGown resigns as BYU men's volleyball...
- Doug Robinson: Witt latest BYU runner chasing...
- Morning links: BYU's football schedule...
- Gallery of champions: All 94 state...
- Rock On: BYU finds another recruiting niche
- Morning links: NBA post-up is not dead;...
- Former Ute player among those invited to work...
- Report: Former Jordan High quarterback... 47
- Dick Harmon: NCAA's move to speed up... 46
- Rock On: BYU finds another recruiting... 36
- BYU basketball: NBA draft insiders... 31
- Morning links: BYU's football schedule... 31
- BYU football signs New Zealand rugby... 24
- Chris McGown resigns as BYU men's... 12
- Doug Robinson: Witt latest BYU runner... 8