BYU football: Cougars, Cavaliers agree to home-and-home series in 2013, 2014
PROVO — BYU and Virginia have agreed to a home-and-home series for 2013 and 2014.
The Cougars will open the 2013 football season in Charlottesville, Va., on Aug. 31. The Cavaliers will visit Provo on Sept. 20, 2014.
"I really like this series with Virginia," said BYU athletic director Tom Holmoe. "It's been more than a decade since we played at Virginia. It should be a great game for BYU fans in that part of the country and will provide a unique travel experience for both teams."
BYU and Virginia have met three times in football, with the Cavaliers owning a 2-1 lead. The last time the two teams met, in 2000, the Cougars won in overtime, 38-35, in LaVell Edwards' final season as head coach. BYU rallied from a 21-0 halftime deficit.
- BYU defensive back transferring to Utah State
- Doug Robinson: A victory lap for Hot Rod Hundley
- BYU sells close to 2,000 tickets for Miami...
- Preparation, hard work help BYU's Koroma earn...
- Blocking the net helped propel BYU to Final...
- Ready or not, Vegas: Here come the Utes
- BYU football: Cougars in talks with Wagner...
- Jazz empathetic for fired Kings coach, happy...
- 4-star offensive line commit Kieffer... 67
- Utes rally but fall short against Kansas 61
- BYU has something to prove, looking to... 60
- BYU whips Weber State, gets a scare... 48
- BYU defensive back transferring to Utah... 39
- BYU sells close to 2,000 tickets for... 32
- Dick Harmon: BYU guard Tyler Haws the... 30
- BYU women's volleyball advances to the... 25