BYU football: Cougars, Cavaliers agree to home-and-home series in 2013, 2014
PROVO — BYU and Virginia have agreed to a home-and-home series for 2013 and 2014.
The Cougars will open the 2013 football season in Charlottesville, Va., on Aug. 31. The Cavaliers will visit Provo on Sept. 20, 2014.
"I really like this series with Virginia," said BYU athletic director Tom Holmoe. "It's been more than a decade since we played at Virginia. It should be a great game for BYU fans in that part of the country and will provide a unique travel experience for both teams."
BYU and Virginia have met three times in football, with the Cavaliers owning a 2-1 lead. The last time the two teams met, in 2000, the Cougars won in overtime, 38-35, in LaVell Edwards' final season as head coach. BYU rallied from a 21-0 halftime deficit.
- The 1996 NBA Draft redone: How did the Jazz...
- 5 things to look for as BYU heads into fall camp
- Mendenhall: BYU's 2015 schedule difficult...
- 5 things to watch for as BYU, Utah and USU...
- 5 things Utah football needs for coming season
- Dick Harmon: Hanging with legacy players of...
- Brad Rock: Hill, Keeton, Booker not the best...
- From dating advice to awkward returns: 10 of...
- Dick Harmon: Big 12 expansion talk... 107
- Cougars say they have learned lessons... 70
- Ute football team picked to finish 5th... 53
- Utah makes top 7 for 4-star offensive... 50
- Morning links: BYU, Utah and Utah State... 42
- 4-star basketball recruit Connor... 32
- Whittingham dishes on stadium... 27
- Guard Elijah Bryant announces he is... 21