Letter: Welfare program abused by people who claim minor imperfections as disabilities
As a person with a disability, I have refused to receive Social Security, because I am able to work for what I need. It bothers me that there are people who are abusing government welfare programs, while choosing to claim their minor imperfections (which we all have) as disabilities. It gives them the ability to let their capabilities turn into laziness, which also continues to add to our nation's debt, handing future generations higher taxes.
Why are we supporting these people who are able to work but choose not to? Government welfare programs should have stricter regulations to determine what level of disability a person has, then they should cut spending for those who have been using it as a crutch.
- SNL takes on Obama's executive order
- Letter: What this issue is really about
- Carmen Rasmusen Herbert: Sea turtles and...
- In our opinion: Fear, intentions can result...
- Frank Pignanelli & LaVarr Webb: Hospitality...
- Letter: King Obama
- Robert Bennett: Controversial Keystone,...
- Letter: Speak kind words