Letter: Welfare program abused by people who claim minor imperfections as disabilities
As a person with a disability, I have refused to receive Social Security, because I am able to work for what I need. It bothers me that there are people who are abusing government welfare programs, while choosing to claim their minor imperfections (which we all have) as disabilities. It gives them the ability to let their capabilities turn into laziness, which also continues to add to our nation's debt, handing future generations higher taxes.
Why are we supporting these people who are able to work but choose not to? Government welfare programs should have stricter regulations to determine what level of disability a person has, then they should cut spending for those who have been using it as a crutch.
- Letter: Eroding the BSA 65
- Jay Evensen: An Obama-created monument... 47
- In our opinion: Teacher pay one way to... 46
- Richard Davis: Planned Parenthood... 40
- In our opinion: Time to phase out... 27
- My view: Utah leaders, don't let EPA... 25
- Jay Evensen: Muhammad Yunus wants to... 23
- In our opinion: After change to state... 23