Letter: Welfare program abused by people who claim minor imperfections as disabilities
As a person with a disability, I have refused to receive Social Security, because I am able to work for what I need. It bothers me that there are people who are abusing government welfare programs, while choosing to claim their minor imperfections (which we all have) as disabilities. It gives them the ability to let their capabilities turn into laziness, which also continues to add to our nation's debt, handing future generations higher taxes.
Why are we supporting these people who are able to work but choose not to? Government welfare programs should have stricter regulations to determine what level of disability a person has, then they should cut spending for those who have been using it as a crutch.
- From GOP convention to Pokemon Bernie: Last...
- Frank Pignanelli & LaVarr Webb: Shurtleff,...
- Jay's Jokes: Trump's true identity is Batman
- In our opinion: Utah's unique response to the...
- In our opinion: The GOP convention — a...
- John Florez: Justice delayed is justice denied
- My view: More whites should practice meekness...
- Mia Love: We are the pioneers of our day
- My view: Supporting Utah's public... 36
- In our opinion: The GOP convention... 32
- In our opinion: Despite alarming shift... 31
- Mia Love: We are the pioneers of our day 28
- My view: More whites should practice... 23
- My view: Reform coal leasing policies... 22
- Richard Davis: What will Americans... 17
- Letter: Vote Gary Johnson 16