High school basketball: Lone Peak hoops ranked No. 6 in nation
SALT LAKE CITY — Maxpreps.com unveiled its National High School basketball Top 25 poll Monday, listing two-time defending 5A state champion, Lone Peak No. 6., confirming an earlier report by the Deseret News via Twitter on Nov. 1.
The Knights return seniors Nick Emery and Talon Shumway and junior T.J. Haws, the leading contributors to a 46-4 record and consecutive titles the past two seasons. Emery and Haws have committed to play basketball at BYU and Shumway maintains a football commitment with BYU.
Lone Peak added another BYU basketball commit in 6-foot-8 center Eric Mika. Last season, Mika was forced to sit after transferring from Waterford High where he was named 2A first-team all-state after averaging 17.1 points and 12.2 rebounds in 2010. Senior Connor Toolson, a sixth-man reserve, is expected to facilitate the offense at point guard.
Simeon (Ill.), led by the top-rated recruit Jabari Parker garnished the No.1 ranking followed by: 2. Fort Bend Travis (Texas); 3. Prestonwood Christian (Texas); 4. Long Beach Poly (Calif.); and 5. Chester (Pa.).
Lone Peak opens the 2012 campaign at home against Brighton in a rematch of last year's title game on Nov. 28.
- Jazz knock off Thunder in emotional game with...
- BYU defense has ‘a long ways to go’
- Former Jazz big man Enes Kanter goes off,...
- Utah State set to hire assistant Tim Duryea...
- Brad Rock: The unforgettable Hot Rod Hundley
- Photo gallery: BYU rugby blanks Utah State in...
- 5 things you may have missed at BYU...
- Dick Harmon: Nomadic hoops coach Tony Ingle...
- A not-so-Sweet 16 for the Runnin' Utes... 120
- Former Jazz big man Enes Kanter goes... 38
- Brad Rock: Utes shouldn't feel bad, in... 34
- Utes went down swinging in Sweet 16... 29
- BYU defense has ‘a long ways to... 24
- Jazz knock off Thunder in emotional... 21
- Dick Harmon: BYU's spring football... 21
- AP All-Americans: Utah's Wright named... 19