High school basketball: Lone Peak hoops ranked No. 6 in nation
SALT LAKE CITY — Maxpreps.com unveiled its National High School basketball Top 25 poll Monday, listing two-time defending 5A state champion, Lone Peak No. 6., confirming an earlier report by the Deseret News via Twitter on Nov. 1.
The Knights return seniors Nick Emery and Talon Shumway and junior T.J. Haws, the leading contributors to a 46-4 record and consecutive titles the past two seasons. Emery and Haws have committed to play basketball at BYU and Shumway maintains a football commitment with BYU.
Lone Peak added another BYU basketball commit in 6-foot-8 center Eric Mika. Last season, Mika was forced to sit after transferring from Waterford High where he was named 2A first-team all-state after averaging 17.1 points and 12.2 rebounds in 2010. Senior Connor Toolson, a sixth-man reserve, is expected to facilitate the offense at point guard.
Simeon (Ill.), led by the top-rated recruit Jabari Parker garnished the No.1 ranking followed by: 2. Fort Bend Travis (Texas); 3. Prestonwood Christian (Texas); 4. Long Beach Poly (Calif.); and 5. Chester (Pa.).
Lone Peak opens the 2012 campaign at home against Brighton in a rematch of last year's title game on Nov. 28.
- Utah State football: Tennessee hands Aggies...
- Apo looking forward to another trip to Texas
- Guest commentary: BYU football fans should...
- BYU football: A look at the Cougars' schedule...
- Daniel Sorensen makes Chiefs 53-man roster,...
- Dick Harmon: BYU coaches will take the win...
- BYU's suspended players expected to be back...
- Utah State infographic: Aggies' Keeton...
- First steps: Utes open season with... 65
- CBS Sports analyst predicts BYU to Big... 58
- It's go time for the Utes: Utah kicks... 57
- Fast start propels BYU past UConn, 35-10 56
- Dick Harmon: Taysom Hill steals center... 56
- Brad Rock: One thing already missing in... 50
- Brad Rock: What the Utes now know: very... 49
- Dick Harmon: It's Taysom Hill time on... 28