COLUMBUS, Ohio — President Barack Obama has won Ohio again, capturing the swing state after a hard-fought battle with Republican Mitt Romney.
Obama, who also won Ohio in 2008, claims the swing state's 18 electoral votes.
Both sides poured major time and resources into the battleground state that has been among the nation's most contested in recent presidential elections. It was considered pivotal for both, and likely crucial to Romney's chances.
No Republican has won the White House without Ohio. The last president elected despite losing Ohio was Democrat John F. Kennedy in 1960.
Ohio has been site of much of the advertising spending by the campaigns and outside supporters. It also was among the most-visited states by the campaigns.
- Washington school gunman was Homecoming...
- For a waitress, sexual harassment is an...
- New York, New Jersey order Ebola quarantine...
- Two Christian ministers refuse to perform...
- California orders churches, others to pay for...
- Boko Haram agrees to release abducted girls
- Guantanamo prisoners in protest over women...
- Threat to break isolation in Liberia over food
- Two Christian ministers refuse to... 116
- California orders churches, others to... 28
- Wyoming prepares to legalize same-sex... 24
- Chairman of Becket Fund for Religious... 13
- Expelled Nazis got millions in Social... 10
- This type of high school can increase... 8
- For a waitress, sexual harassment is an... 8
- Kerry: 'Irresponsible' not to aid Kurds... 7