Jose Luis Magana, Associated Press
With the 9 p.m. closing time, Romney wins several states in the South and in the heartland. Obama wins New York, with 29 electoral votes, and Michigan, with 16 electoral votes.
— Texas (38 electoral votes)
— South Dakota (3 electoral votes)
— North Dakota (3 electoral votes)
— Louisiana (8 electoral votes)
— Kansas (6 electoral votes)
— Wyoming (3 electoral votes)
— Nebraska (4 electoral votes, 1 still to be called)
EDITOR'S NOTE — Election Watch shows you Election Day 2012 through the eyes of Associated Press journalists. Follow them on Twitter where available with the handles listed after each item.
- Some countries get Obama, but want his wife, too
- Captain of sunken South Korean ferry, 2 crew...
- Colorado deaths stoke worries about pot edibles
- Texas seizes FLDS Church's secluded ranch
- 13th body pulled from snow in Everest avalanche
- Ride-sharing business launches despite...
- Get married, stay married? No fault divorce...
- Appeals judges question right to sue in...
- Obama: Religious intolerance has... 78
- Utah, Oklahoma same-sex marriage cases... 47
- The dangers of financially illiterate... 31
- Obama: 8 million signed up for health care 28
- Appeals judges question right to sue in... 27
- Texas seizes FLDS Church's secluded ranch 23
- Police: Student ate more pot than... 19
- Sentenced but never jailed, robber who... 16