Jose Luis Magana, Associated Press
With the 9 p.m. closing time, Romney wins several states in the South and in the heartland. Obama wins New York, with 29 electoral votes, and Michigan, with 16 electoral votes.
— Texas (38 electoral votes)
— South Dakota (3 electoral votes)
— North Dakota (3 electoral votes)
— Louisiana (8 electoral votes)
— Kansas (6 electoral votes)
— Wyoming (3 electoral votes)
— Nebraska (4 electoral votes, 1 still to be called)
EDITOR'S NOTE — Election Watch shows you Election Day 2012 through the eyes of Associated Press journalists. Follow them on Twitter where available with the handles listed after each item.
- 23 of the best Shakespearean insults to...
- The Latest on Nepal Quake: Stronger quake may...
- More than 2,500 confirmed dead in Nepal...
- Clinton Foundation acknowledges mistakes in...
- Utah's Tibetan community prays, mourns for...
- Former Romney finance chairman courting a...
- How to help Nepal earthquake victims
- Ceremonies mark liberation of concentration...
- Former Romney finance chairman courting... 59
- Gay marriage a difficult issue for GOP... 32
- House Benghazi panel calls Clinton to... 29
- Yellowstone supervolcano is super big,... 24
- American, Italian hostages killed in US... 22
- Clinton Foundation admits missteps in... 15
- Clinton Foundation acknowledges... 13
- Hatch, Lee split on new attorney general 13