Jose Luis Magana, Associated Press
With the 9 p.m. closing time, Romney wins several states in the South and in the heartland. Obama wins New York, with 29 electoral votes, and Michigan, with 16 electoral votes.
— Texas (38 electoral votes)
— South Dakota (3 electoral votes)
— North Dakota (3 electoral votes)
— Louisiana (8 electoral votes)
— Kansas (6 electoral votes)
— Wyoming (3 electoral votes)
— Nebraska (4 electoral votes, 1 still to be called)
EDITOR'S NOTE — Election Watch shows you Election Day 2012 through the eyes of Associated Press journalists. Follow them on Twitter where available with the handles listed after each item.
- From 0.3 to 81.1: What percentage of each...
- Vietnam says it may have found missing jet's...
- Jet may have turned; suspicious passengers...
- Vietnam says cannot find object from missing jet
- Rutgers faculty council pushes for school to...
- Themes of faith, freedom echo at CPAC in...
- Oil slick not from missing Malaysian plane;...
- FBI to investigate disappearance of a...
- Obama administration allows 2-year... 28
- Disney ending funding to Boy Scouts in... 21
- Half of millennials more likely to lean... 19
- Early auditions for 2016 Republican... 18
- Rutgers faculty council pushes for... 13
- Former IRS official Lois Lerner again... 11
- US announces visa restrictions on Russians 9
- Former Secretary of State Hillary... 6