Jose Luis Magana, Associated Press
With the 9 p.m. closing time, Romney wins several states in the South and in the heartland. Obama wins New York, with 29 electoral votes, and Michigan, with 16 electoral votes.
— Texas (38 electoral votes)
— South Dakota (3 electoral votes)
— North Dakota (3 electoral votes)
— Louisiana (8 electoral votes)
— Kansas (6 electoral votes)
— Wyoming (3 electoral votes)
— Nebraska (4 electoral votes, 1 still to be called)
EDITOR'S NOTE — Election Watch shows you Election Day 2012 through the eyes of Associated Press journalists. Follow them on Twitter where available with the handles listed after each item.
- Weighing in: The top 20 metro areas with the...
- 'It WAS him': Defense admits Tsarnaev bombed...
- 50 things about 'The Sound of Music' to help...
- Villarica volcano erupts in Chile, thousands...
- Supreme Court justices sharply divided over...
- Microsoft co-founder says he found sunken...
- Marco Rubio-Mike Lee tax plan rewards...
- Private email questions emerge as Hillary...
- Israel's Netanyahu warns US 'bad deal'... 72
- Clinton used personal email account as... 28
- Utah assails Obama's Clean Power Plan 28
- AP EXPLAINS: Supreme Court case against... 26
- Supreme Court justices sharply divided... 21
- Kerry tries to dampen fuss over Israeli... 16
- Obama plans trip to South Carolina,... 15
- Personal email account revives old... 15