Jose Luis Magana, Associated Press
With the 9 p.m. closing time, Romney wins several states in the South and in the heartland. Obama wins New York, with 29 electoral votes, and Michigan, with 16 electoral votes.
— Texas (38 electoral votes)
— South Dakota (3 electoral votes)
— North Dakota (3 electoral votes)
— Louisiana (8 electoral votes)
— Kansas (6 electoral votes)
— Wyoming (3 electoral votes)
— Nebraska (4 electoral votes, 1 still to be called)
EDITOR'S NOTE — Election Watch shows you Election Day 2012 through the eyes of Associated Press journalists. Follow them on Twitter where available with the handles listed after each item.
- 'Burger King baby' now seeks birth mom on...
- Malaysian military says missing jet changed...
- Japan marks 3rd anniversary of earthquake,...
- Europe: You can't use the name Parmesan if...
- Supreme Court sides with Wyoming landowner;...
- 2 New York City apartment buildings collapse...
- 'Noah' banned in three countries weeks before...
- Head of Senate Intelligence Committee: CIA...
- Senate Democrats choose election... 20
- 'Noah' banned in three countries weeks... 20
- Supreme Court sides with Wyoming... 16
- Obama economists: Rosier picture if... 14
- Utah among states wrestling with... 11
- Survey: Uninsured rate drops from 17.1... 9
- Oil slick not from missing Malaysian... 9
- Obama continues telephone outreach on... 8