Jose Luis Magana, Associated Press
With the 9 p.m. closing time, Romney wins several states in the South and in the heartland. Obama wins New York, with 29 electoral votes, and Michigan, with 16 electoral votes.
— Texas (38 electoral votes)
— South Dakota (3 electoral votes)
— North Dakota (3 electoral votes)
— Louisiana (8 electoral votes)
— Kansas (6 electoral votes)
— Wyoming (3 electoral votes)
— Nebraska (4 electoral votes, 1 still to be called)
EDITOR'S NOTE — Election Watch shows you Election Day 2012 through the eyes of Associated Press journalists. Follow them on Twitter where available with the handles listed after each item.
- The Rohingyas: A look into one of the world's...
- Lindsey Stirling reflects on global audience,...
- The 10 best cities in America for job seekers...
- Extreme education makeover: Are the...
- John Nash, the mathematician who inspired 'A...
- Boy Scouts' leader says ban on gay adults not...
- Veterans frustrated by presidential debate on...
- Ohio patrolman acquitted in shooting deaths...
- Boy Scouts' leader says ban on gay... 168
- Congressional delegation not impressing... 32
- Obama: Climate change deniers endanger... 29
- Clinton: GOP threatening small-business... 19
- Ireland has voted to legalize gay... 16
- Sen. Orrin Hatch calls HBO story on... 15
- Lindsey Stirling reflects on global... 14
- Ohio patrolman acquitted in shooting... 13