Jose Luis Magana, Associated Press
With the 9 p.m. closing time, Romney wins several states in the South and in the heartland. Obama wins New York, with 29 electoral votes, and Michigan, with 16 electoral votes.
— Texas (38 electoral votes)
— South Dakota (3 electoral votes)
— North Dakota (3 electoral votes)
— Louisiana (8 electoral votes)
— Kansas (6 electoral votes)
— Wyoming (3 electoral votes)
— Nebraska (4 electoral votes, 1 still to be called)
EDITOR'S NOTE — Election Watch shows you Election Day 2012 through the eyes of Associated Press journalists. Follow them on Twitter where available with the handles listed after each item.
- Pope asserts marriage is forever at start of...
- Trump defends 2nd Amendment following Oregon...
- Chaffetz expected to announce he's running...
- Guatemalan mudslide death toll reaches 69,...
- Utah Rep. Chaffetz announces uphill run for...
- A glare, a handshake, a pope: Busy UN summit...
- More police refusing to name shooters for...
- Hatch calls shutting down government over...
- Hatch calls shutting down government... 68
- Gunman opens fire at Oregon college; at... 62
- 'A terrible day' - 9 killed by gunman... 61
- Investigation: Secret Service tried to... 52
- Obama says response to shootings has... 49
- Chaffetz expected to announce he's... 49
- GOP: Planned Parenthood spends federal... 45
- Obama says fight against Islamic State... 26