Jose Luis Magana, Associated Press
With the 9 p.m. closing time, Romney wins several states in the South and in the heartland. Obama wins New York, with 29 electoral votes, and Michigan, with 16 electoral votes.
— Texas (38 electoral votes)
— South Dakota (3 electoral votes)
— North Dakota (3 electoral votes)
— Louisiana (8 electoral votes)
— Kansas (6 electoral votes)
— Wyoming (3 electoral votes)
— Nebraska (4 electoral votes, 1 still to be called)
EDITOR'S NOTE — Election Watch shows you Election Day 2012 through the eyes of Associated Press journalists. Follow them on Twitter where available with the handles listed after each item.
- Ex-MLB hurler winds up for Vermont governor...
- More than 40 Secret Service staff disciplined...
- Official: 19 people trapped by rising water...
- Rapper arrested in T.I. concert shooting that...
- G7 leaders pledge collective action on...
- Jury sides with Google in battle over Android...
- National Spelling Bee co-champions include...
- Origins of key Clinton emails from report are...
- Are Utahns tiring of Mitt Romney... 113
- Why the University of Miami plans to... 45
- In Hiroshima, Obama honors 'silent cry'... 25
- Donald Trump breaks with nation's only... 18
- Trump: Those in US illegally treated... 18
- Trump tells California 'there is no... 17
- On cutting-edge voter data, Trump... 14
- Origins of key Clinton emails from... 13