Jose Luis Magana, Associated Press
With the 9 p.m. closing time, Romney wins several states in the South and in the heartland. Obama wins New York, with 29 electoral votes, and Michigan, with 16 electoral votes.
— Texas (38 electoral votes)
— South Dakota (3 electoral votes)
— North Dakota (3 electoral votes)
— Louisiana (8 electoral votes)
— Kansas (6 electoral votes)
— Wyoming (3 electoral votes)
— Nebraska (4 electoral votes, 1 still to be called)
EDITOR'S NOTE — Election Watch shows you Election Day 2012 through the eyes of Associated Press journalists. Follow them on Twitter where available with the handles listed after each item.
- Former GOP nominee Romney will not run for...
- Top Catholics and evangelicals: Gay marriage...
- Mitt Romney courts middle class, jabs Hillary...
- Mitt Romney to update supporters on 2016...
- Attorney General nominee picks up support...
- Child grooms of Nepal are married off as...
- NASA remembering 17 astronauts killed in the...
- Profiting as a Super Bowl host city...
- Former GOP nominee Romney will not run... 52
- Top Catholics and evangelicals: Gay... 47
- Mitt Romney courts middle class, jabs... 40
- Victim of sexual abuse sues Boy Scouts... 19
- 'Potentially historic' blizzard... 13
- Denver police shoot, kill teen who... 13
- Attorney General nominee picks up... 13
- Some Republican presidential hopefuls... 12