Jose Luis Magana, Associated Press
With the 9 p.m. closing time, Romney wins several states in the South and in the heartland. Obama wins New York, with 29 electoral votes, and Michigan, with 16 electoral votes.
— Texas (38 electoral votes)
— South Dakota (3 electoral votes)
— North Dakota (3 electoral votes)
— Louisiana (8 electoral votes)
— Kansas (6 electoral votes)
— Wyoming (3 electoral votes)
— Nebraska (4 electoral votes, 1 still to be called)
EDITOR'S NOTE — Election Watch shows you Election Day 2012 through the eyes of Associated Press journalists. Follow them on Twitter where available with the handles listed after each item.
- A New York Times article said Michael Brown...
- Why the poverty cycle is harder to break than...
- Bound bodies of 2 found in Philly river; 3rd...
- For the first time in American history,...
- Amish country bristles at ‘Mafia’...
- 3 ways insurers can still avoid covering the...
- Doug Robinson: When did Missouri turn into...
- Defense secretary OKs Medal of Honor for WWI...
- For the first time in American history,... 28
- A New York Times article said Michael... 22
- Doug Robinson: When did Missouri turn... 20
- Obama administration announces new... 19
- Rev. Al Sharpton plays prominent role... 15
- Obama back at White House after summer... 14
- Mourners gather in St. Louis for Brown... 13
- Administration condemns Russian move... 11