Jose Luis Magana, Associated Press
With the 9 p.m. closing time, Romney wins several states in the South and in the heartland. Obama wins New York, with 29 electoral votes, and Michigan, with 16 electoral votes.
— Texas (38 electoral votes)
— South Dakota (3 electoral votes)
— North Dakota (3 electoral votes)
— Louisiana (8 electoral votes)
— Kansas (6 electoral votes)
— Wyoming (3 electoral votes)
— Nebraska (4 electoral votes, 1 still to be called)
EDITOR'S NOTE — Election Watch shows you Election Day 2012 through the eyes of Associated Press journalists. Follow them on Twitter where available with the handles listed after each item.
- 50 things about 'The Sound of Music' to help...
- What to expect from Costco's new deal with...
- Villarica volcano erupts in Chile, thousands...
- Eating toothpaste and doing doughnuts on the...
- Israel's Netanyahu warns US 'bad deal' would...
- 11 Seussian quotations to celebrate Dr....
- AP EXPLAINS: Supreme Court case against...
- Clinton used personal email account as...
- Israel's Netanyahu warns US 'bad deal'... 39
- Utah assails Obama's Clean Power Plan 28
- FCC approves 'net neutrality' rules for... 27
- Congress OKs 1-week bill to keep... 24
- AP EXPLAINS: Supreme Court case against... 24
- Clinton used personal email account as... 21
- Democrats caught between Obama,... 16
- Kerry tries to dampen fuss over Israeli... 16