WASHINGTON — Mitt Romney has won in Indiana, a state won by President Barack Obama four years ago. Romney is also the winner in South Carolina, a state where Obama is deeply unpopular. Those states have 20 electoral votes between them.
Obama has won his home state of Illinois, as well as Mitt Romney's home state of Massachusetts and Vice President Joe Biden's home state of Delaware.
There have been no surprises in the returns so far from Eastern and Midwestern states. Obama wins the 20 electoral votes in Illinois, and the 11 in Massachusetts, along with 10 in Maryland and Delaware's three. He's also the winner in Connecticut, Rhode Island and the District of Columbia. And in Maine, which splits its electoral votes, Obama has won at least three of the four votes.
Romney won in Oklahoma, with seven electoral votes.
- Vegas’ water drying up
- Grieving borrowers told to repay student loan
- Justin Bieber apologizes for Japan war shrine...
- Sherpas leave Everest; some expeditions nix...
- Supreme Court upholds Michigan's affirmative...
- Wellness programs grow more popular with...
- Keflezighi's Boston win a boost for shoe sponsor
- Misdiagnosed bipolar: One girl’s...
- Affordable Care Act only chips away at... 26
- Supreme Court upholds Michigan's... 25
- Judge: Indiana hasn't given valid... 20
- Grieving borrowers told to repay... 19
- Vegas’ water drying up 15
- Public smoke-out marks pot holiday in... 12
- Some countries get Obama, but want his... 11
- Boogeymen and shady deals define spin... 11