WASHINGTON — Mitt Romney has captured West Virginia and its five electoral votes.
President Barack Obama is unpopular in the state, and West Virginia GOP officials have been hoping that would lead to victories for other Republicans on the ballot.
Romney earlier won in Kentucky, giving him 13 electoral votes overall, while Obama was the winner of Vermont's three electoral votes.
- Georgia girl struck by plane on Florida beach...
- Israel hits symbols of Hamas rule; scores killed
- The Great War: 100 photos marking 100 years...
- US Court: Virginia marriage is for all lovers
- Democrats have million-dollar day on impeachment
- Trial begins for Salt Lake attorney seeking...
- NCAA settles head injury suit, will change rules
- Ground Zero cross can stay at 9/11 museum,...
- US Court: Virginia marriage is for all... 44
- Federal land managers criticized over... 26
- Feds cap fines for not buying health... 22
- Obama maintains busy fundraising... 22
- Fast food workers vow civil disobedience 18
- Gaza sides agree to lull but truce... 13
- Navajo Generating Station, West's... 11
- Most Americans believe the U.S. should... 11