Biographical sketches of President John Taylor note that his father, James Taylor, inherited a small estate at Hale, Cumbria, in the Lake District of northern England.
Not only did James Taylor inherit a farmhouse and seven acres of land in Hale, according to the John Taylor Family Organization, he also inherited what is now the Kings Arms Inn.
The inn is located just a short distance from the farmhouse. The farmhouse can be seen in the background at the far right in one of the photos. Interested persons traveling to see the boyhood home of President John Taylor in Hale have often used the inn as a landmark identifying the place where they turn to view the home but are unaware of the inn's connection to the Taylor family.
- New friends plan to work together to defend...
- 'Attitude of gratitude': 25 quotes from LDS...
- Reader voices: I'm trying to be a Mormon
- Faith leaders leave Vatican with high hopes...
- LDS Church releases renderings of final Provo...
- In the Whirled: The good Mormon Democrat
- Capturing 'Mormon Faces': LDS mother,...
- Mormon creator of 'Battlestar Galactica'...
- In the Whirled: The good Mormon Democrat 106
- Pastors opposed to same-sex marriage... 37
- Defending the Faith: A note on the... 35
- Faith leaders leave Vatican with high... 34
- New friends plan to work together to... 26
- LDS Church releases renderings of final... 17
- Mormon creator of 'Battlestar... 17
- 5 reasons why we want to believe Jesus... 14