Biographical sketches of President John Taylor note that his father, James Taylor, inherited a small estate at Hale, Cumbria, in the Lake District of northern England.
Not only did James Taylor inherit a farmhouse and seven acres of land in Hale, according to the John Taylor Family Organization, he also inherited what is now the Kings Arms Inn.
The inn is located just a short distance from the farmhouse. The farmhouse can be seen in the background at the far right in one of the photos. Interested persons traveling to see the boyhood home of President John Taylor in Hale have often used the inn as a landmark identifying the place where they turn to view the home but are unaware of the inn's connection to the Taylor family.
- Preparing to split up, LDS General Primary...
- State bills to protect religious freedom...
- Lexi Hansen forgives driver who hit her (+video)
- Defending the Faith: Joseph, the stone and...
- LDS Church releases Easter video, campaign
- Returning LDS missionary, father battling...
- 'A marvellous work and a wonder': A look back...
- Why I don’t call myself a ‘Mormon...
- Defending the Faith: Joseph, the stone... 157
- Why I don’t call myself a... 92
- 'A marvellous work and a wonder': A... 62
- Why Ted Cruz launched his presidential... 17
- Heaven can wait, Christian bookstore... 17
- Millennials are the ‘don’t... 15
- Meet the Muslim actor playing Jesus in... 10
- Returning LDS missionary, father... 8