Biographical sketches of President John Taylor note that his father, James Taylor, inherited a small estate at Hale, Cumbria, in the Lake District of northern England.
Not only did James Taylor inherit a farmhouse and seven acres of land in Hale, according to the John Taylor Family Organization, he also inherited what is now the Kings Arms Inn.
The inn is located just a short distance from the farmhouse. The farmhouse can be seen in the background at the far right in one of the photos. Interested persons traveling to see the boyhood home of President John Taylor in Hale have often used the inn as a landmark identifying the place where they turn to view the home but are unaware of the inn's connection to the Taylor family.
- Germany: Syrian asylum seekers blows himself...
- President and Sister Uchtdorf visit site of...
- Mormon Mentions: Bryce Harper posts about his...
- James Dobson joins evangelicals for Trump
- Donald Trump's 'evangelical moment' during...
- In Germany, secular...
- Muslims celebrate lifting of Lagos hijab ban
- Does Hollywood demean — or misrepresent...
- President Uchtdorf visits refugees;... 29
- Erin Stewart: Should you teach your... 16
- What motivates (the few) evangelicals... 12
- Can Hillary Clinton finally close the... 11
- Donald Trump's 'evangelical moment'... 10
- How would you describe God in just one... 10
- James Dobson joins evangelicals for Trump 9
- Does Hollywood demean — or... 9