Biographical sketches of President John Taylor note that his father, James Taylor, inherited a small estate at Hale, Cumbria, in the Lake District of northern England.
Not only did James Taylor inherit a farmhouse and seven acres of land in Hale, according to the John Taylor Family Organization, he also inherited what is now the Kings Arms Inn.
The inn is located just a short distance from the farmhouse. The farmhouse can be seen in the background at the far right in one of the photos. Interested persons traveling to see the boyhood home of President John Taylor in Hale have often used the inn as a landmark identifying the place where they turn to view the home but are unaware of the inn's connection to the Taylor family.
- When Satan steals your motherhood
- Wright Words: Idaho woman learns to...
- Profane, award-winning 'Book of Mormon'...
- Local religious leaders urge support for...
- Actress Leah Remini criticized after...
- Gay marriage debate is changing how Americans...
- LDS Church History Symposium presenter...
- LDS World: Receiving comfort in our afflictions
- Temple tax: European court rules LDS... 100
- Gay marriage debate is changing how... 81
- Profane, award-winning 'Book of Mormon'... 53
- When Satan steals your motherhood 44
- Family of BYU student hit by car say... 40
- Defending the Faith: Where is Mount Sinai? 24
- 'Son of God' is strong on production,... 20
- Director Darren Aronofsky’s... 20