Biographical sketches of President John Taylor note that his father, James Taylor, inherited a small estate at Hale, Cumbria, in the Lake District of northern England.
Not only did James Taylor inherit a farmhouse and seven acres of land in Hale, according to the John Taylor Family Organization, he also inherited what is now the Kings Arms Inn.
The inn is located just a short distance from the farmhouse. The farmhouse can be seen in the background at the far right in one of the photos. Interested persons traveling to see the boyhood home of President John Taylor in Hale have often used the inn as a landmark identifying the place where they turn to view the home but are unaware of the inn's connection to the Taylor family.
- Elder Holland, David Archuleta promote 'Meet...
- 35 memorable photos from the LDS Church News...
- Carrie Underwood shares her Christian faith...
- Utah woman writes new verse for LDS Cultural...
- LDS temples grow ever closer to members
- 2 LDS teens create video to share Mormon beliefs
- FamilySearch provides LDS members with free...
- Danny Ainge speaks about career, Mormon faith
- Republicans rallying behind religious... 32
- FamilySearch provides LDS members with... 17
- LDS Church leaders share excitement for... 14
- 5 things to remember when you think God... 10
- Religious leaders agree ISIS must be... 5
- Here's how you and your spouse can... 3
- Jerry Earl Johnston: A celebrated... 3
- LDS temples grow ever closer to members 3