Cooking it Light: Revised Pumpkin Squares cuts fat not taste
2 tablespoons cold butter, cut into small cubes
1/4 cup chopped walnuts or pecans
1. Preheat the oven to 350 F. Spray a 9-by-13-inch pan with nonstick cooking spray and set aside.
2. For crust: In a large bowl, combine the flour, powdered sugar and baking powder. Add the egg substitute, butter and water. This mixture will be crumbly, but you should able to gather some and press it together to make a ball. If it is too crumbly, add a little more water. Press into the bottom of the prepared pan.
3. For filling: In another bowl, mix together the pumpkin-pie mix, egg substitute and evaporated milk. Pour over the crust and smooth with a spatula.
4. For topping: In the same bowl you used for the crust, combine the flour, cinnamon, sugar and oatmeal. Mix in the butter with your fingers until the pieces of butter are very small. Add the chopped nuts and sprinkle over the top of the pumpkin mixture. Bake for about 50 minutes, or until a sharp knife inserted into the center comes out clean.
Makes 12 servings.
Each serving contains approximately: Original Recipe: 434 calories; 20 gm fat; 72 mg cholesterol; 529 mg sodium; 59 gm carbohydrates; 6 gm protein; 3 gm fiber. Revised Recipe: 290 calories; 8 gm fat; 16 mg cholesterol; 235 mg sodium; 48 gm carbohydrates; 6 gm protein; 4 gm fiber.
- Faith sustained author through rejection,...
- 'A Christmas Story' fans encounter BB gun,...
- The Killers collaborates with Owen Wilson and...
- Pentatonix shares 'magical' a cappella...
- Saving Africa? New book casts harsh light on...
- Linda & Richard Eyre: How to unspoil your kids
- Students bring music of the season to bank,...
- Alpine woman is a dessert contest, Sabbath...
- Alpine woman is a dessert contest,... 5
- Frugal millennials leading way in... 5
- Faith sustained author through... 4
- Saving Africa? New book casts harsh... 4
- Speed a factor in crash that killed... 3
- Fatherhood inspired one of Walker's... 2
- Officials: Walker crash not part of... 1
- Students bring music of the season to... 1