Carlos Osorio, Associated Press
PROVO — Officials at BYU and Michigan announced Tuesday morning that the two football programs will meet on Sept. 26, 2015, at Michigan Stadium, in Ann Arbor.
Known as The Big House due to its seating capacity of 109,901, Michigan Stadium is one of the most widely recognized sporting venues in the United States.
"It's a great opportunity to play an outstanding football team in one of the legendary football stadiums in the country," said BYU director of athletics Tom Holmoe. "Michigan had an opening in its 2015 schedule and the circumstance was right for BYU. We hope to develop a long-term relationship with Michigan."
BYU and Michigan have met just once, with the Cougars earning a 24-17 victory in the 1984 Holiday Bowl. The win capped a perfect 13-0 season for BYU and set the stage for the Cougars the 1984 National Championship.
- Jazz knock off Thunder in emotional game with...
- BYU defense has ‘a long ways to go’
- Former Jazz big man Enes Kanter goes off,...
- Utah State set to hire assistant Tim Duryea...
- Brad Rock: The unforgettable Hot Rod Hundley
- Photo gallery: BYU rugby blanks Utah State in...
- 5 things you may have missed at BYU...
- Dick Harmon: Nomadic hoops coach Tony Ingle...
- Former Jazz big man Enes Kanter goes... 39
- Utes went down swinging in Sweet 16... 35
- Morning links: Utah running back's goal... 30
- BYU defense has ‘a long ways to... 25
- Dick Harmon: BYU's spring football... 23
- Badger looking to become part of BYU's... 22
- Jazz knock off Thunder in emotional... 21
- AP All-Americans: Utah's Wright named... 20