Carlos Osorio, Associated Press
PROVO — Officials at BYU and Michigan announced Tuesday morning that the two football programs will meet on Sept. 26, 2015, at Michigan Stadium, in Ann Arbor.
Known as The Big House due to its seating capacity of 109,901, Michigan Stadium is one of the most widely recognized sporting venues in the United States.
"It's a great opportunity to play an outstanding football team in one of the legendary football stadiums in the country," said BYU director of athletics Tom Holmoe. "Michigan had an opening in its 2015 schedule and the circumstance was right for BYU. We hope to develop a long-term relationship with Michigan."
BYU and Michigan have met just once, with the Cougars earning a 24-17 victory in the 1984 Holiday Bowl. The win capped a perfect 13-0 season for BYU and set the stage for the Cougars the 1984 National Championship.
- Jimmer Fredette on defense: 'You have to have...
- Red and Blue Recruits: The evaluation process...
- Dick Harmon: Even more urgency needed as...
- Travis Wilson back in the saddle as Utes'...
- Reeling Cougars 'starving for some redemption'
- Utah Jazz point guard Trey Burke getting an...
- Watch it live: 4A girls soccer semifinals
- The Heisman Trophy tracker, Week 8: A Utah...
- Nevada rallies to beat BYU, 42-35 68
- Dick Harmon: BYU amasses yards but... 49
- Mired in 3-game losing streak, BYU... 49
- Dick Harmon: Even more urgency needed... 48
- FBS football coaches vote BYU most... 39
- Travis Wilson back in the saddle as... 29
- Brad Rock: Utes have their star in... 28
- College football: Utah rises to No. 19... 26