Carlos Osorio, Associated Press
PROVO — Officials at BYU and Michigan announced Tuesday morning that the two football programs will meet on Sept. 26, 2015, at Michigan Stadium, in Ann Arbor.
Known as The Big House due to its seating capacity of 109,901, Michigan Stadium is one of the most widely recognized sporting venues in the United States.
"It's a great opportunity to play an outstanding football team in one of the legendary football stadiums in the country," said BYU director of athletics Tom Holmoe. "Michigan had an opening in its 2015 schedule and the circumstance was right for BYU. We hope to develop a long-term relationship with Michigan."
BYU and Michigan have met just once, with the Cougars earning a 24-17 victory in the 1984 Holiday Bowl. The win capped a perfect 13-0 season for BYU and set the stage for the Cougars the 1984 National Championship.
- ACC media days has some interesting tidbits...
- Dick Harmon: Big 12 not looking to expand,...
- High school football: Top 25 preseason rankings
- Some fringe Jazz players opened eyes in Vegas
- Dick Harmon: BYU, Pac-12 scheduling is an...
- BYU football: Alani Fua may be next Cougar...
- Brain injury changes the lives and tests the...
- Former BYU defensive lineman Eathyn...
- Dick Harmon: Big 12 not looking to... 177
- Report: Former BYU guard Jimmer... 73
- BYU freshman linebacker reportedly... 72
- BYU's Jamaal Williams, Utah State's Joe... 58
- Peavler: Arizona vice president of... 52
- ACC media days has some interesting... 36
- Brad Rock: Decades later, equality... 30
- Watch list roundup: 22 local players... 27