Carlos Osorio, Associated Press
PROVO — Officials at BYU and Michigan announced Tuesday morning that the two football programs will meet on Sept. 26, 2015, at Michigan Stadium, in Ann Arbor.
Known as The Big House due to its seating capacity of 109,901, Michigan Stadium is one of the most widely recognized sporting venues in the United States.
"It's a great opportunity to play an outstanding football team in one of the legendary football stadiums in the country," said BYU director of athletics Tom Holmoe. "Michigan had an opening in its 2015 schedule and the circumstance was right for BYU. We hope to develop a long-term relationship with Michigan."
BYU and Michigan have met just once, with the Cougars earning a 24-17 victory in the 1984 Holiday Bowl. The win capped a perfect 13-0 season for BYU and set the stage for the Cougars the 1984 National Championship.
- Dick Harmon: Presence of injured stars looms...
- Brad Rock: This is where conference switch...
- BYU-Memphis an 'intriguing' bowl matchup
- Gordon Hayward happy to be moving on with...
- Tyler Haws scores 24 as BYU holds off Stanford
- Wyoming transfer Jason Thompson makes Utah...
- Sunday morning QB: Stars and stats from No....
- Cougars gain a lot over Final Four weekend...
- BYU football: Cougars in talks with... 63
- Big winner: Utes hit jackpot early and... 55
- Hamson and Gray step up big to get BYU... 45
- Dick Harmon: How a simple decision in... 34
- Ute football team has boots on the... 33
- Brad Rock: This is where conference... 31
- Ranking the biggest bowl games in... 28
- Dick Harmon: Presence of injured stars... 25