Carlos Osorio, Associated Press
PROVO — Officials at BYU and Michigan announced Tuesday morning that the two football programs will meet on Sept. 26, 2015, at Michigan Stadium, in Ann Arbor.
Known as The Big House due to its seating capacity of 109,901, Michigan Stadium is one of the most widely recognized sporting venues in the United States.
"It's a great opportunity to play an outstanding football team in one of the legendary football stadiums in the country," said BYU director of athletics Tom Holmoe. "Michigan had an opening in its 2015 schedule and the circumstance was right for BYU. We hope to develop a long-term relationship with Michigan."
BYU and Michigan have met just once, with the Cougars earning a 24-17 victory in the 1984 Holiday Bowl. The win capped a perfect 13-0 season for BYU and set the stage for the Cougars the 1984 National Championship.
- Questions aplenty as Utah Jazz begin training...
- Danny Ainge speaks about career, Mormon faith
- Heisman Trophy tracker, week 5: Taysom Hill...
- Dick Harmon: NFL's Goodell seeks out Ty...
- Ranking the starting point guards in the NBA...
- BYU football: LB commit Jeremiah Ieremia says...
- BYU players endured tougher-than-usual...
- For BYU, Utah State is 'featured in-state game'
- Opportunity lost: Utes squander lead,... 291
- BYU takes advantage of the bye week,... 93
- Things won't get any easier for... 81
- For BYU, Utah State is 'featured... 57
- Brad Rock: Guaranteed wins don't exist... 54
- Quarterback Travis Wilson, Utes... 44
- Dick Harmon: Undefeated BYU is on... 39
- Mike Leach, the most interesting man in... 37