In a political ad currently running, Gov. Gary Herbert starts out by saying "Utah students and their education is my top priority."
Further on in the ad, a teacher says, "every one of our students are our most valuable ... "
Is this the reason Utah ranks so low in education? When our leaders and teachers don't even know how to speak correctly, what can we expect of the present generation? I suggest political leaders and teachers have their comments checked for grammar before they go public.
- Carmen Rasmusen Herbert: Lessons learned from...
- 20 of the most influential and innovative...
- Richard Davis: The State Board can do better...
- Jay Evensen: Utahns support Common Core, even...
- Mary Barker: Our economic discourse tends to...
- Join the discussion: Is Common Core just...
- School fees: Is Utah really family friendly?
- In our opinion: Park City's slippery slopes
- Frank Pignanelli & LaVarr Webb:... 82
- Letter: Police brutality 62
- School fees: Is Utah really family... 47
- Mary Barker: Our economic discourse... 42
- Richard Davis: The State Board can do... 41
- Whitt Flora: It's time to put U.S.... 35
- Constitutional commitments trump tribal... 29
- Robert J. Samuelson: Do Democrats do it... 28