In a political ad currently running, Gov. Gary Herbert starts out by saying "Utah students and their education is my top priority."
Further on in the ad, a teacher says, "every one of our students are our most valuable ... "
Is this the reason Utah ranks so low in education? When our leaders and teachers don't even know how to speak correctly, what can we expect of the present generation? I suggest political leaders and teachers have their comments checked for grammar before they go public.
- Kathleen Parker: The GOP's toxic messaging
- Nelson Mandela left legacy of freedom and faith
- In our opinion: U.S. schools still separate...
- George F. Will: Why Iran should be contained
- In our opinion: Letting Afghanistan revert to...
- About Utah: His business is fun, games and...
- Richard Davis: Don't turn A.G. into an...
- Kathleen Parker: The GOP's toxic messaging 44
- In our opinion: U.S. schools still... 43
- Robert J. Samuelson: Economics lacks... 40
- Charles Krauthammer: The real problem... 37
- Letter: Preventative care 29
- Robert Bennett: 'Nuclear option' ends... 27
- In our opinion: Pioneer Park progress... 16
- George F. Will: Why Iran should be... 16