In a political ad currently running, Gov. Gary Herbert starts out by saying "Utah students and their education is my top priority."
Further on in the ad, a teacher says, "every one of our students are our most valuable ... "
Is this the reason Utah ranks so low in education? When our leaders and teachers don't even know how to speak correctly, what can we expect of the present generation? I suggest political leaders and teachers have their comments checked for grammar before they go public.
- How America feels about Mitt Romney right now
- In our opinion: 70 mph — driving at the...
- Michael Gerson: Obama’s executive order...
- In our opinion: U.S. needs immigration...
- Greg Bell: It's time to raise the gas tax
- Jay Evensen: Like it or not, ride sharing is...
- Dan Liljenquist: Obamacare was a rude...
- Lois M. Collins: Daddy-daughter duo turn trip...
- In our opinion: Keystone Pipeline... 67
- Letter: Where jobs come from 64
- Dan Liljenquist: Obamacare was a rude... 57
- Letter: Growing party divide 50
- Michael Gerson: Obama’s executive... 44
- In our opinion: When it comes to... 40
- How America feels about Mitt Romney... 39
- Letter: Speed limit increase 26