In a political ad currently running, Gov. Gary Herbert starts out by saying "Utah students and their education is my top priority."
Further on in the ad, a teacher says, "every one of our students are our most valuable ... "
Is this the reason Utah ranks so low in education? When our leaders and teachers don't even know how to speak correctly, what can we expect of the present generation? I suggest political leaders and teachers have their comments checked for grammar before they go public.
- Letter: Disregarding liberty, laws 52
- My view: Move the prison for the sake... 41
- Letter: Trump’s chances 35
- Richard Davis: Time to fix Obamacare... 29
- Dan Liljenquist: Time to relegate the... 27
- Letter: Patriotism has not died 24
- Neil Flinders: Keeping track of school... 21
- My view: Poor federal stewardship... 20