In a political ad currently running, Gov. Gary Herbert starts out by saying "Utah students and their education is my top priority."
Further on in the ad, a teacher says, "every one of our students are our most valuable ... "
Is this the reason Utah ranks so low in education? When our leaders and teachers don't even know how to speak correctly, what can we expect of the present generation? I suggest political leaders and teachers have their comments checked for grammar before they go public.
- Doug Robinson: The high cost of coaches
- In our opinion: Fabricated Rolling Stone...
- Letter: Costly benefits
- John Florez: America's strength is its...
- Greg Bell: The problem of being a conservative
- My view: Yesterday’s public education...
- Drew Clark: After 50 years, Moore's Law...
- Mike Noel: Utah leads out on win-win solution...
- Ralph Hancock: Religious freedom and... 75
- Letter: Wrong wage approach 47
- Letter: No more hungry kids 41
- Kathleen Parker: Hillary Clinton's... 40
- Greg Bell: The problem of being a... 39
- Utah's 'grand bargain' stands in sharp... 34
- Letter: Unemployment compensation 33
- Letter: Intimate caucus system 27