In a political ad currently running, Gov. Gary Herbert starts out by saying "Utah students and their education is my top priority."
Further on in the ad, a teacher says, "every one of our students are our most valuable ... "
Is this the reason Utah ranks so low in education? When our leaders and teachers don't even know how to speak correctly, what can we expect of the present generation? I suggest political leaders and teachers have their comments checked for grammar before they go public.
- In our opinion: National security and the...
- Ralph Hancock: The anti-establishment delusion
- Jay Evensen: Legislature's pornography...
- Robert J. Samuelson: The false charms of...
- Barack Obama: Religious freedom keeps us strong
- My view: They run toward danger
- Jay Evensen: On Second Thought: The 1 percent...
- In our opinion: Internet sales tax should...
- In our opinion: National security and... 68
- Is it time for our first woman president? 55
- Robert J. Samuelson: The false charms... 47
- Letter: Hillary and FOIA 18
- Ralph Hancock: The anti-establishment... 18
- Letter: No labels in 2016? 17
- In our opinion: The lesson of... 17
- Arthur Cyr: US presidential politics... 13