The iPad mini is out. What better Christmas gift? What better way to create conversation? What better way to manage your busy life?
Frankly, I think the iPad mini is a total laugh. Apple is smart (no pun intended). They know full well that social status these days is based on what electronic device you possess. Teenagers will now howl at their parents that they "need" an iPad mini to "manage" their heavy loads and "learn" at a faster pace.
College students will use Pell grants and student loans to purchase them because, after all, they are an educational necessity. Middle-class men will tuck them in their suit coat pockets, smoothly whisking them out to schedule appointments and Google information. Sophisticated women will tuck them in handbags and use them to entertain their toddlers.
It won't be long before Apple, in its sly wisdom, will unveil the "iPad Jumbo," and everyone and his dog will be flocking to the Apple stores.
- Jay Evensen: Birthright citizenship —...
- In our opinion: EPA failed its protection...
- In our opinion: Trump's all-inclusive...
- Dan Liljenquist: Charter schools provide...
- Letter: Stimulate the economy
- My view: European view of American soft power
- A. Scott Anderson: SBA — a critical...
- Letter: Appalling attitude
- In our opinion: Trump's all-inclusive... 58
- In our opinion: Security with Clinton's... 45
- Richard Davis: What can Republicans do... 43
- Jay Evensen: Birthright citizenship... 42
- My view: Don’t expand Medicaid... 36
- My view: No matter who pays the bill,... 35
- Letter: Earning his votes 31
- Letter: Stimulate the economy 26