The iPad mini is out. What better Christmas gift? What better way to create conversation? What better way to manage your busy life?
Frankly, I think the iPad mini is a total laugh. Apple is smart (no pun intended). They know full well that social status these days is based on what electronic device you possess. Teenagers will now howl at their parents that they "need" an iPad mini to "manage" their heavy loads and "learn" at a faster pace.
College students will use Pell grants and student loans to purchase them because, after all, they are an educational necessity. Middle-class men will tuck them in their suit coat pockets, smoothly whisking them out to schedule appointments and Google information. Sophisticated women will tuck them in handbags and use them to entertain their toddlers.
It won't be long before Apple, in its sly wisdom, will unveil the "iPad Jumbo," and everyone and his dog will be flocking to the Apple stores.
- In our opinion: U.S. schools still separate...
- Kathleen Parker: The GOP's toxic messaging
- Richard Davis: Don't turn A.G. into an...
- About Utah: His business is fun, games and...
- George F. Will: Why Iran should be contained
- Robert J. Samuelson: Economics lacks the...
- In our opinion: Letting Afghanistan revert to...
- Robert Bennett: 'Nuclear option' ends...
- In our opinion: U.S. schools still... 41
- Robert J. Samuelson: Economics lacks... 40
- Charles Krauthammer: The real problem... 37
- Letter: Preventative care 29
- Robert Bennett: 'Nuclear option' ends... 27
- Kathleen Parker: The GOP's toxic messaging 26
- Letter: Insurance website 21
- Letter: Buying politicians 20