Seth Wenig, Associated Press
Seeing the problems and troubles on TV of the various disasters makes me feel glad and also a little guilty that we have been spared. The long lines of cars awaiting service at the gasoline stations makes me wish there were a better solution.
The one that hit my mind was that there should be mobile service stations. That is, some sort of gasoline transport truck that has the means to dispense gasoline wherever it is parked.
It could be in a parking lot or an empty field but the important thing is that it would be where it was most needed.
That idea caused an explosion in my mind of other ideas: Maybe there should be mobile food trucks, medicine trucks and all kinds of other mobile help.
Salt Lake City
- Kathleen Parker: The GOP's toxic messaging
- In our opinion: U.S. schools still separate...
- George F. Will: Why Iran should be contained
- Nelson Mandela left legacy of freedom and faith
- In our opinion: Letting Afghanistan revert to...
- Richard Davis: Don't turn A.G. into an...
- About Utah: His business is fun, games and...
- In our opinion: U.S. schools still... 43
- Robert J. Samuelson: Economics lacks... 40
- Kathleen Parker: The GOP's toxic messaging 40
- Charles Krauthammer: The real problem... 37
- Letter: Preventative care 29
- Robert Bennett: 'Nuclear option' ends... 27
- In our opinion: Pioneer Park progress... 16
- About Utah: His business is fun, games... 15