Seth Wenig, Associated Press
Seeing the problems and troubles on TV of the various disasters makes me feel glad and also a little guilty that we have been spared. The long lines of cars awaiting service at the gasoline stations makes me wish there were a better solution.
The one that hit my mind was that there should be mobile service stations. That is, some sort of gasoline transport truck that has the means to dispense gasoline wherever it is parked.
It could be in a parking lot or an empty field but the important thing is that it would be where it was most needed.
That idea caused an explosion in my mind of other ideas: Maybe there should be mobile food trucks, medicine trucks and all kinds of other mobile help.
Salt Lake City
- Jay Evensen: Ask people in the Third World if...
- In our opinion: Alleged medicinal benefits of...
- My view: Medical marijuana: Google vs. PubMed
- My view: Does going to pot send the wrong...
- My view: Scouting: Friend or foe?
- Rely on invisible hand?
- George F. Will: Break the dentists' hold on...
- Jay Evensen: Legislature's pornography...
- In our opinion: National security and... 79
- Robert J. Samuelson: The false charms... 58
- Is it time for our first woman president? 55
- My view: Scouting: Friend or foe? 39
- Barack Obama: Religious freedom keeps... 33
- Jay Evensen: Legislature's pornography... 32
- In our opinion: Alleged medicinal... 31
- Letter: Coal and job creation 24