Seth Wenig, Associated Press
Seeing the problems and troubles on TV of the various disasters makes me feel glad and also a little guilty that we have been spared. The long lines of cars awaiting service at the gasoline stations makes me wish there were a better solution.
The one that hit my mind was that there should be mobile service stations. That is, some sort of gasoline transport truck that has the means to dispense gasoline wherever it is parked.
It could be in a parking lot or an empty field but the important thing is that it would be where it was most needed.
That idea caused an explosion in my mind of other ideas: Maybe there should be mobile food trucks, medicine trucks and all kinds of other mobile help.
Salt Lake City
- Jay Evensen: Obama's comedy appearance...
- My view: The 'resource curse' and rush for...
- A Hobson's choice: Religious freedom in the...
- In our opinion: Unfinished legislative...
- Will November be a referendum on Obamacare?
- My view: The sage grouse is worth protecting
- Letter: Democracy is ...
- Dan Liljenquist: Legislative gems: Much to...
- It doesn't have to be hard for... 60
- In our opinion: Obama's immigration... 52
- Letter: End daylight saving time 46
- Obama shows his funny side while... 40
- Libertarian wave wins big at CPAC 34
- Letter: Invite the divine 32
- Jay Evensen: Obama's comedy appearance... 32
- My view: SB54 will politically and... 30