Baldwin appeared at Obama's rallies Thursday in Green Bay, Saturday in Milwaukee and on Monday in Madison, and Thompson was with Romney on Friday. Both Thompson and Baldwin had numerous last-day campaign events in swing parts of the state including Green Bay and Wausau.
Baldwin, 50, gave up her safe congressional seat to run for the Senate after Democratic incumbent Sen. Herb Kohl announced his retirement. Baldwin is vying to become Wisconsin's first woman senator and the first openly gay candidate elected to the Senate. Thompson, 70, is trying for a political comeback after serving as governor for 14 years. Briefly a candidate for president in 2007, and U.S. health secretary for four years, Thompson hasn't been on the ballot in Wisconsin since 1998.
The most recent Marquette University Law School poll released last week showed Obama leading Romney by 8 percentage points in Wisconsin among likely voters and Baldwin leading Thompson by 4 percentage points, with a 2.8-point margin of error.
Thompson told WTMJ-AM radio in Milwaukee on Monday morning he felt optimistic, saying he's been traveling all over the state.
"We put on 1,200 miles in the last three days. The crowds were great. The excitement is there. And the polls don't pick up the kind of enthusiasm that our base has ... and that's going to make the difference tomorrow. I feel very good about where I'm at. I feel very good about Romney and Ryan. And tonight we're going to have a great rally down in Milwaukee when Paul Ryan comes home."
Associated Press writers Todd Richmond in Madison and Gretchen Ehlke in Milwaukee contributed to this report.
- Winners and losers under Obama's immigration...
- Fact check: Obama's claims on illegal...
- Consumer group lists '10 worst toys' for kids
- Obama immigration plan good, not great for...
- 37 homes collapse, dozens injured in...
- Q&A with President Henry B. Eyring, Elder L....
- A GDP showdown: How do state GDP numbers line...
- 'Mockingjay, Part 1' opens with $123 million
- President Obama's immigration reforms... 65
- Utah members of Congress slam Obama's... 55
- Pastors opposed to same-sex marriage... 34
- Obama to announce immigration action... 30
- Q&A with President Henry B. Eyring,... 22
- Fact check: Obama's claims on illegal... 18
- President Obama's immigration speech... 14
- Boehner: 'We will not stand idle' on... 14