"These promises do not ensure that everything that happens in our lives will be in accordance with our expectations and desires," he said. "Rather, God's promises guarantee that what happens to us will be in accordance with His will. Sometimes unexpected trials will present themselves that we must overcome; sometimes promised blessings will be long delayed. But the time will come when we will know that these trials and these delays were for our good and our eternal progression. What more can we ask?"
The greatest thing an individual can desire is to align their will to the will of the Lord and accept his agenda for their lives, Bishop Caussé taught.
"The circumstances of my life today are very different from what I had planned when I was your age," he said. "However, I don't believe I've ever been so happy. If one had given me, when I was 20 years old, the account of my life up to the present, I think I would have signed without any hesitation on the dotted line! …
"Work with all your heart to accomplish [your dreams and goals]. Then, let the Lord do the rest. He will lead you where you cannot lead yourself; he will make you into what you cannot make of yourself.
"At all times, accept his will. Be ready to go where he asks you to go, to do what he asks you to do. Become the man or woman he is nurturing you to become."
- Tabernacle Choir performs Handel's 'Messiah'...
- 2-year-old boy dies from accidental shooting...
- Police make arrest in death of 59-year-old...
- Two bodies discovered near Provo's Squaw Peak
- Salt Lake City Marathon comes with many...
- Film about man's crusade against child sex...
- Western states to feds: Turn over public lands
- No aftershocks from Saturday's Tooele quake
- Atheists, Mormon scholars talk religion 90
- At UVU, Elder Oaks sees hope despite... 79
- Utah, Oklahoma same-sex marriage cases... 47
- U., Ute Tribe reach agreement on... 38
- Appeals judges question right to sue in... 28
- Autopsies of 7 infants completed;... 24
- Texas seizes FLDS Church's secluded ranch 24
- 2-year-old boy dies from accidental... 16