Utah Jazz: Jazz hope they've learned enough lessons the hard way
Corbin said he hasn't solidified his rotations, but it's obvious he's mostly relying on his starters along with Derrick Favors, Enes Kanter, Randy Foye, Jamaal Tinsley and occasionally DeMarre Carroll. Though Foye is a backup, the shooting guard has played big minutes in the fourth, either in place of Hayward or Marvin Williams.
Corbin even pulled the handy Big Three lineup card out of his pocket in Saturday's loss, inserting Millsap in at small forward to keep defensive stalwart Favors on the floor.
So far, NBA slam dunk champion Jeremy Evans, second-year guard Alec Burks and rookie Kevin Murphy have not played any minutes other than mop-up time.
That won't necessarily remain that way, Corbin has repeated several times the past week.
The Jazz are confident their slow start(s) won't keep up either.
"We don't know when it's going to click, but it's going to click one day, sooner rather than later," team captain Mo Williams said. "We're going to put it all together. We're still getting rotations down. It was Paul's first time playing at the three. We're still figuring things out."
A 1-2 record isn't something to panic about, of course. But with the amount of road games they have in the near future, the last thing they want to do is have a home-friendly schedule in the second half of a lottery-bound season.
Corbin admitted back-to-back road losses puts a bit more pressure on the team heading into a tough showdown with the Grizzlies.
"It does. We need a win and we need a win on the road," Corbin said. "Memphis is a good team on their home floor, but we're certainly capable of beating them there. We're going to come out and play hard against them and see where it falls."
EMAIL: firstname.lastname@example.org TWITTER: DJJazzyJody
- MVP Jimmer Fredette puts on a show at the...
- Emery scores 31 as BYU crushes Santa Clara,...
- Dick Harmon: The night the rim got wide as a...
- Jimmer Fredette named D-League All-Star MVP,...
- Dick Harmon: Unique perspectives from new...
- Jazz's trio of Rising Stars reflects on...
- Former BYU, Davis High runner Jared Ward...
- 5A state swimming: Sky View girls surprise...
- Emery scores career-high 37 points to... 73
- Rise and Shout: "Jeopardy!" contestants... 61
- 13 locals invited to 2016 NFL Scouting... 50
- Doug Robinson: Peyton Manning sells out... 45
- Dick Harmon: Time running out for Dave... 45
- Morning links: BYU, Virginia fans share... 44
- Dick Harmon: BYU's Sitake wants former... 40
- Morning links: Kyle Van Noy, Eric... 38