Pat Sullivan, Associated Press
HOUSTON — Rookie Damian Lillard scored 20 points, including eight in overtime, and the Portland Trail Blazers slowed down James Harden in a 95-85 win over the Houston Rockets on Saturday night.
Lillard and Nicolas Batum each made a 3 to help Portland open an 87-81 lead early in overtime. Harden made a pair of free throws before a reverse layup by Lillard. His second 3 of overtime pushed Portland's lead to 93-85 with 1:25 remaining.
Harden led the Rockets with 24 points in his home debut, but he wasn't as dominate as he was in the first two games. He scored 37 and a career-high 45 points in his first two games with Houston since last week's trade from Oklahoma City.
LaMarcus Aldridge added 27 points and 11 rebounds for the Trail Blazers.
- Jimmer Fredette on defense: 'You have to have...
- Red and Blue Recruits: The evaluation process...
- Dick Harmon: Even more urgency needed as...
- Travis Wilson back in the saddle as Utes'...
- Reeling Cougars 'starving for some redemption'
- Utah Jazz point guard Trey Burke getting an...
- Watch it live: 4A girls soccer semifinals
- The Heisman Trophy tracker, Week 8: A Utah...
- Nevada rallies to beat BYU, 42-35 68
- Dick Harmon: BYU amasses yards but... 49
- Mired in 3-game losing streak, BYU... 49
- Dick Harmon: Even more urgency needed... 48
- FBS football coaches vote BYU most... 39
- Travis Wilson back in the saddle as... 29
- Brad Rock: Utes have their star in... 28
- College football: Utah rises to No. 19... 26