Pat Sullivan, Associated Press
HOUSTON — Rookie Damian Lillard scored 20 points, including eight in overtime, and the Portland Trail Blazers slowed down James Harden in a 95-85 win over the Houston Rockets on Saturday night.
Lillard and Nicolas Batum each made a 3 to help Portland open an 87-81 lead early in overtime. Harden made a pair of free throws before a reverse layup by Lillard. His second 3 of overtime pushed Portland's lead to 93-85 with 1:25 remaining.
Harden led the Rockets with 24 points in his home debut, but he wasn't as dominate as he was in the first two games. He scored 37 and a career-high 45 points in his first two games with Houston since last week's trade from Oklahoma City.
LaMarcus Aldridge added 27 points and 11 rebounds for the Trail Blazers.
- Brad Rock: Bowl drama shows BYU not going...
- Brady Poppinga: Confronting an unlikely opponent
- Both BYU and Memphis to review bowl game brawl
- Jazz rookie Dante Exum looks like a kid but...
- These 14 Utahns reminded us why we love...
- Video: Former USU running back Robert...
- Sitake, Tuiaki leaving Utah for Oregon State
- Dick Harmon: BYU basketball strength coach...
- Wild one: Memphis edges BYU in... 174
- Sitake, Tuiaki leaving Utah for Oregon... 117
- Miami Beach Bowl ends in free-for-all... 97
- Dick Harmon: Cougar bowl loss kind of... 59
- Big winner: Utes hit jackpot early and... 55
- Miami Beach Bowl ends in brawl between... 52
- Report: Video games experts, BYU head... 45
- Both BYU and Memphis to review bowl... 45