Cavaliers lose to Bucks at buzzer on controversial finish
“I take full responsibility for that,” Scott said. “I put him in a bad situation against a guy who’s just so athletic, so long.”
Paul Pressey, Scott’s lead assistant, played previously in Milwaukee. There is a picture inside a club lounge in the Bradley Center of Pressey going up for a basket while Scott looks on.
The two didn’t have much of a relationship during their playing days, but really met through Doc Rivers. Pressey used to be an assistant for Rivers.
“I heard around the league what a good coach he was and what a terrific person he was,” said Scott, who brought Pressey to New Orleans for an interview. “Most of the coaches I’ve hired, it’s about a 15-minute sitdown and I can tell right then if I want him or not. Right away I knew. This guy is going to be on my staff until he decides he doesn’t want to coach basketball anymore. We’ve been together ever since.”
©2012 Akron Beacon Journal (Akron, Ohio)
Visit the Akron Beacon Journal (Akron, Ohio) at www.ohio.com
Distributed by MCT Information Services
PHOTOS (from MCT Photo Service, 202-383-6099):
- Utah Jazz: Jazz suffer weird loss (win?) in...
- BYU football: Cougars land commitment from...
- Damian Lillard stars in hilarious Adidas ad...
- Dick Harmon: QB Ammon Olsen's move from BYU...
- CougarLinks: Former Cornhusker reportedly...
- High school softball: Olympus player battles...
- Utah's Michelle Plouffe, BYU's Jennifer...
- BYU basketball: Future Cougar hoop stars...
- BYU football: Cougars land commitment... 47
- ESPN report: Jabari Parker rules out... 41
- Are Thursday and Friday games really... 34
- CougarLinks: Former Cornhusker... 34
- Utah football: Utes are eager to pick... 33
- Former BYU linebacker Kyle Van Noy... 26
- Should the Jazz intentionally lose to... 23
- Utah Jazz: Jazz suffer weird loss... 23