Cavaliers lose to Bucks at buzzer on controversial finish
“I take full responsibility for that,” Scott said. “I put him in a bad situation against a guy who’s just so athletic, so long.”
Paul Pressey, Scott’s lead assistant, played previously in Milwaukee. There is a picture inside a club lounge in the Bradley Center of Pressey going up for a basket while Scott looks on.
The two didn’t have much of a relationship during their playing days, but really met through Doc Rivers. Pressey used to be an assistant for Rivers.
“I heard around the league what a good coach he was and what a terrific person he was,” said Scott, who brought Pressey to New Orleans for an interview. “Most of the coaches I’ve hired, it’s about a 15-minute sitdown and I can tell right then if I want him or not. Right away I knew. This guy is going to be on my staff until he decides he doesn’t want to coach basketball anymore. We’ve been together ever since.”
©2012 Akron Beacon Journal (Akron, Ohio)
Visit the Akron Beacon Journal (Akron, Ohio) at www.ohio.com
Distributed by MCT Information Services
PHOTOS (from MCT Photo Service, 202-383-6099):
- BYU basketball: Dave Rose hoping Tyler Haws'...
- Utah Jazz: No lottery luck, so Jazz remain in...
- Results from Tuesday's high school softball,...
- 4 reasons why you need to paraglide at Point...
- Utah high school updated tournament pairings...
- High school boys soccer: Lehi edges...
- The offseason status of NFL players with Utah...
- BYU football: Fan-developed software gives...
- High school baseball: 5A, 4A state... 56
- BYU basketball: Dave Rose hoping Tyler... 23
- Bodyguards allegedly beat up 2 fans who... 19
- Utah Jazz: No lottery luck, so Jazz... 19
- Dick Harmon: BYU coach Mike Littlewood... 15
- Utah State football: New coach Matt... 11
- If hired, Jeff Hornacek will face same... 10
- BYU football: Fan-developed software... 8