In 2008, I was a college freshman and able to vote for the first time. Over the presidential campaign, President Barack Obama's "hope" and "change" and big picture ideas drew me in. And the petty trivial attacks, like Jeremiah Wright and "Muslim terrorist," from the other side pushed me even closer to supporting Obama.
Not believing anything had changed, six months ago I bought an Obama T-shirt and donated $10 to his campaign.
It seems, though, over the past few weeks, Barack Obama has turned to the petty trivial attacks that turned me off from the Republican side in 2008. He's gone from "hope" and "change" to "Big Bird" and "Romnesia."
Mitt Romney will get my vote this time and Barack Obama can have his T-shirt back.
In compliance with Deseret News policy, comments will not be posted on political stories and editorials from now until the polls close Tuesday, Nov. 6.
- Letter: Shredded Constitution 95
- Letter: Disregarding liberty, laws 51
- My view: Move the prison for the sake... 38
- Letter: Trump’s chances 35
- Robert J. Samuelson: Are policies... 31
- Richard Davis: Time to fix Obamacare... 26
- Dan Liljenquist: Time to relegate the... 24
- Neil Flinders: Keeping track of school... 21