Jeffrey D. Allred, Deseret News
Many of us are weary from the barrage of negative campaigning on the national level. However, when local campaigns turn negative, it tears at the very fabric of our communities. No one wins and it leaves lasting scars.
We see each other in our schools, at our children's sports events, local businesses and churches. These vitriolic attacks have hit our neighborhoods, fighting against many local candidates. The shameful attacks on retired school teacher and House Representative Carol Spackman Moss are very disturbing.
These big-money financed attacks are even appearing on television. Please be aware when you see these ads and ask yourself, "Why can't this person simply tell me what their plans and ideas are, instead of denigrating their opponent?"
- President Boyd K. Packer — 'defender'...
- In our opinion: Declaration of Independence...
- My view: Everything you think you know about...
- Letter: Patriotism has not died
- Letter: The Fourth
- In our opinion: Supreme Court ruling for...
- Letter: ‘Correct’ beliefs
- My view: Move the prison for the sake of...
- Letter: Disregarding liberty, laws 51
- My view: Move the prison for the sake... 41
- Letter: Trump’s chances 35
- Richard Davis: Time to fix Obamacare... 29
- Dan Liljenquist: Time to relegate the... 26
- Letter: Patriotism has not died 24
- Neil Flinders: Keeping track of school... 21
- My view: Poor federal stewardship... 20