Jeffrey D. Allred, Deseret News
Many of us are weary from the barrage of negative campaigning on the national level. However, when local campaigns turn negative, it tears at the very fabric of our communities. No one wins and it leaves lasting scars.
We see each other in our schools, at our children's sports events, local businesses and churches. These vitriolic attacks have hit our neighborhoods, fighting against many local candidates. The shameful attacks on retired school teacher and House Representative Carol Spackman Moss are very disturbing.
These big-money financed attacks are even appearing on television. Please be aware when you see these ads and ask yourself, "Why can't this person simply tell me what their plans and ideas are, instead of denigrating their opponent?"
- My view: Utah leaders, don't let EPA fool you...
- In our opinion: After change to state pension...
- Letter: Eroding the BSA
- Letter: Methane benefits
- Richard Davis: Planned Parenthood scandal...
- Jay Evensen: Muhammad Yunus wants to end...
- In our opinion: Time to phase out federal...
- Jay Evensen: An Obama-created monument in...
- In our opinion: Trump's statements on... 71
- Letter: Eroding the BSA 62
- Jay Evensen: An Obama-created monument... 47
- In our opinion: Teacher pay one way to... 45
- Richard Davis: Planned Parenthood... 38
- In our opinion: Time to phase out... 27
- My view: Utah leaders, don't let EPA... 25
- Jay Evensen: Muhammad Yunus wants to... 22