Jeffrey D. Allred, Deseret News
Many of us are weary from the barrage of negative campaigning on the national level. However, when local campaigns turn negative, it tears at the very fabric of our communities. No one wins and it leaves lasting scars.
We see each other in our schools, at our children's sports events, local businesses and churches. These vitriolic attacks have hit our neighborhoods, fighting against many local candidates. The shameful attacks on retired school teacher and House Representative Carol Spackman Moss are very disturbing.
These big-money financed attacks are even appearing on television. Please be aware when you see these ads and ask yourself, "Why can't this person simply tell me what their plans and ideas are, instead of denigrating their opponent?"
- There are no Frodos without Sams: The reality...
- My view: Eliminating the root cause of bullying
- Doug Robinson: The first kiss and the long...
- In our opinion: In an entrepreneurial...
- Letter: Amnesty for who?
- Brad Stine: Words created everything, so we...
- Gov. Herbert: Executing fundamentals for a...
- Letter: Medicare Advantage costs
- Letter: Socialism, like salt 49
- Letter: Disagreement vs. hate 42
- There are no Frodos without Sams: The... 42
- George F. Will: Understanding our... 41
- In our opinion: An immigration opportunity 35
- My view: Immigration reform just makes... 33
- My view: Eliminating the root cause of... 27
- Robert J. Samuelson: Long-term... 26