Jeffrey D. Allred, Deseret News
Many of us are weary from the barrage of negative campaigning on the national level. However, when local campaigns turn negative, it tears at the very fabric of our communities. No one wins and it leaves lasting scars.
We see each other in our schools, at our children's sports events, local businesses and churches. These vitriolic attacks have hit our neighborhoods, fighting against many local candidates. The shameful attacks on retired school teacher and House Representative Carol Spackman Moss are very disturbing.
These big-money financed attacks are even appearing on television. Please be aware when you see these ads and ask yourself, "Why can't this person simply tell me what their plans and ideas are, instead of denigrating their opponent?"
- What to watch with your family this...
- In our opinion: Immigration and compromise...
- George F. Will: Government’s legitimacy...
- Presidents pardoning turkeys
- Letter: Solution to Ferguson
- Letter: A dangerous precedent
- My view: Obama and Utah on the same page
- Kathleen Parker: True or not, Bill Cosby...