I think foreign aid should be reduced. I'm not saying that it should be completely cut, but something needs to be done.
According to the Huffington Post, we spend over $50 billion a year on foreign aid. So why not take some of that money and put it toward our own country?
As a child, my mother would always say, "we can't help others, until we help ourselves." I think this applies to America. America can't help other countries on an empty tank.
I think that we should take a certain amount out of foreign aid but instead of putting it toward the $16 trillion in debt, we should put it toward education. If we have the funds to help educate America, it will in return create jobs. And what does education plus jobs equal? Money.
So why not take another route — educating America. It will help create a better economy in which our country needs to prosper and become the true land of opportunity again.
- Everything you need to know about the...
- Join the discussion: Why is young adult...
- Michael Gerson: Rand Paul's bogus outreach
- In our opinion: Avoid blurring the line...
- My view: Utah's public education system:...
- Letter: Utah's birthright
- Socratic observations — Politics are...
- Doug Robinson: So little time, so many...
- Robert Bennett: Contrary to Krugman,... 56
- Letter: Learn the Constitution 52
- In our opinion: Explaining editorial... 44
- Letter: Utah's birthright 43
- Join the discussion: Why is young adult... 32
- John Florez: Corporate or public... 31
- Michael Gerson: Rand Paul's bogus outreach 29
- Letter: Whole story 28