I think foreign aid should be reduced. I'm not saying that it should be completely cut, but something needs to be done.
According to the Huffington Post, we spend over $50 billion a year on foreign aid. So why not take some of that money and put it toward our own country?
As a child, my mother would always say, "we can't help others, until we help ourselves." I think this applies to America. America can't help other countries on an empty tank.
I think that we should take a certain amount out of foreign aid but instead of putting it toward the $16 trillion in debt, we should put it toward education. If we have the funds to help educate America, it will in return create jobs. And what does education plus jobs equal? Money.
So why not take another route — educating America. It will help create a better economy in which our country needs to prosper and become the true land of opportunity again.
- Can you pass the U.S. citizenship test?
- W. Bradford Wilcox: The new progressive...
- Frank Pignanelli & LaVarr Webb: Are...
- 19 songs to consider as replacements for the...
- My view: Utah, where do you stand on marriage?
- Charles Krauthammer: The jihadi logic
- James Gattuso: Give Tesla a truly free market...
- Drew Clark: The 'least dangerous branch' must...
- My view: Utah, where do you stand on... 95
- Letter: Bush dilemma 2.0 37
- George F. Will: Obama needs Congress to... 27
- In our opinion: How committed are... 25
- W. Bradford Wilcox: The new progressive... 20
- My view: Intergenerational poverty the... 19
- Can you pass the U.S. citizenship test? 19
- In our opinion: Now a thriving urban... 17