David Richard, ASSOCIATED PRESS
PROVO — BYU and Cincinnati are scheduled to play a two-game series in 2015-16.
It will be the first meetings between the two teams.
The Bearcats, members of the Big East Conference, will visit Provo on Oct. 24, 2015, and the Cougars will travel to Cincinnati on Nov. 12, 2016.
"We are very pleased to announce this home-and-home series with BYU," Cincinnati athletic director Whit Babcock said in a statement. "They have a storied history and we look forward to competing against an opponent of their caliber. It should be a wonderful addition to our home schedule in Nippert Stadium for our ticket holders as well as serving as a great student-athlete experience for our players when we travel to Provo."
BYU athletic director Tom Holmoe is likewise pleased.
"I like this series with Cincinnati. This will be the first time our football program has ever played in Ohio," said Holmoe. "It meets our objective of playing in different regions of the country and brings another quality football opponent to LaVell Edwards Stadium."
BYU has played only two teams from the state of Ohio — Ohio State (in bowl games in 1982, 1985 and 1993) and Bowling Green (in 1975 and 1983 in Provo).
- U., Ute Tribe reach agreement on continued...
- Ranking the best rookie seasons in Utah Jazz...
- Utah cyclist dies Sunday at the age of 23
- Damian Lillard stars in hilarious Adidas ad...
- Bingham kicker commits to Utah after...
- Danny Berger and Jordan Stone to play at...
- CougarLinks: Former Cornhusker reportedly...
- BYU football: Cougars land commitment from...
- BYU football: Cougars land commitment... 50
- Bingham kicker commits to Utah after... 47
- CougarLinks: Former Cornhusker... 44
- ESPN report: Jabari Parker rules out... 42
- U., Ute Tribe reach agreement on... 37
- Utah football: Utes are eager to pick... 33
- Utah Jazz: Jazz suffer weird loss... 24
- Doug Robinson: Basketball needs a new,... 24