BYU football: Cougars, Cincinnati agree to home-and-home series in 2015-16
David Richard, ASSOCIATED PRESS
PROVO — BYU and Cincinnati are scheduled to play a two-game series in 2015-16.
It will be the first meetings between the two teams.
The Bearcats, members of the Big East Conference, will visit Provo on Oct. 24, 2015, and the Cougars will travel to Cincinnati on Nov. 12, 2016.
"We are very pleased to announce this home-and-home series with BYU," Cincinnati athletic director Whit Babcock said in a statement. "They have a storied history and we look forward to competing against an opponent of their caliber. It should be a wonderful addition to our home schedule in Nippert Stadium for our ticket holders as well as serving as a great student-athlete experience for our players when we travel to Provo."
BYU athletic director Tom Holmoe is likewise pleased.
"I like this series with Cincinnati. This will be the first time our football program has ever played in Ohio," said Holmoe. "It meets our objective of playing in different regions of the country and brings another quality football opponent to LaVell Edwards Stadium."
BYU has played only two teams from the state of Ohio — Ohio State (in bowl games in 1982, 1985 and 1993) and Bowling Green (in 1975 and 1983 in Provo).
- NBC to unveil new theme song for 'Sunday...
- From Ben Simmons down, international players...
- Facing Argentina, Messi in Copa semis not...
- WNBA undefeated: Lynx host Sparks for 20th...
- Cleveland set to hold parade for NBA champion...
- Deseret News podcast: 2016 NBA draft preview
- A look at how freshmen have fared with NBA...
- High school softball: A closer look at this...
- Morning links: Athlon ranks Utah FBS... 89
- BYU football receives commitment from... 63
- Utah football to host Weber State in 2021 41
- Kyle Whittingham says Utah Utes... 37
- Utah Jazz to acquire Indiana Pacers PG... 37
- Jakob Poeltl to the Utah Jazz? It's... 25
- Morning links: ESPN analysts critical... 24
- Morning links: Warriors feel Andrew... 22