BYU football: Cougars, Cincinnati agree to home-and-home series in 2015-16
David Richard, ASSOCIATED PRESS
PROVO — BYU and Cincinnati are scheduled to play a two-game series in 2015-16.
It will be the first meetings between the two teams.
The Bearcats, members of the Big East Conference, will visit Provo on Oct. 24, 2015, and the Cougars will travel to Cincinnati on Nov. 12, 2016.
"We are very pleased to announce this home-and-home series with BYU," Cincinnati athletic director Whit Babcock said in a statement. "They have a storied history and we look forward to competing against an opponent of their caliber. It should be a wonderful addition to our home schedule in Nippert Stadium for our ticket holders as well as serving as a great student-athlete experience for our players when we travel to Provo."
BYU athletic director Tom Holmoe is likewise pleased.
"I like this series with Cincinnati. This will be the first time our football program has ever played in Ohio," said Holmoe. "It meets our objective of playing in different regions of the country and brings another quality football opponent to LaVell Edwards Stadium."
BYU has played only two teams from the state of Ohio — Ohio State (in bowl games in 1982, 1985 and 1993) and Bowling Green (in 1975 and 1983 in Provo).
- Utah Jazz: A look at each player's contract...
- Dick Harmon: The Mangum brothers are a...
- Salt Lake marathon is first win for Lehi...
- Utah Jazz: Future of Trevor Booker, Joe...
- Utah's second spring scrimmage is 'a dead heat'
- Doug Robinson: The high cost of coaches
- Utah gymnastics: Red Rocks finish second to...
- Optimism abounds for the Utah Jazz's future
- Former BYU star Ena fitting in well at... 76
- Utah football: Dres Anderson shines in... 58
- Morning links: Krystkowiak shares his... 32
- Rose still has lofty goals for BYU's... 30
- Dick Harmon: Careers of Aaron... 25
- Mountain West Conference announces... 22
- Morning links: Booker ends the year... 17
- Video: Utah football coaches revved up... 16