Utah Jazz cruise past Dallas with stellar second-half effort
Jazz hold the Mavericks to 31 points in 2nd half
The other Williams, who also dished out six assists, feels equally at home. That's not too shocking considering this was his first NBA home, of course.
"I am a veteran, you know. I have been around the block a few times. I am just excited to be a part of an organization that really values me," 10-year veteran Mo Williams said. "I am really blessed to be in that position. I am going to go out and give 110 percent every night."
The Jazz also feel some deep blessings when it comes to their bevy of bigs.
Utah outrebounded Dallas 61-40, led by three double-digit rebounding nights from Paul Millsap (13 points, 15 rebounds), Al Jefferson (12 points, 14 rebounds) and Derrick Favors (10 rebounds, two blocks).
"Rebounding is all effort, it's complete effort," Marvin Williams said. "We have four bigs that can really hurt you on the backboards. That will take us a long way, I think, this season for sure."
Jefferson loved the way the Jazz crashed the boards. Millsap matched the entire Mavericks in rebounding in the first quarter with nine.
"Oh yeah, that's the good thing about this team. We got a great rebounding team and we picked up our defense in the third quarter," Big Al said. "We proved that when we play defense, it opens up our offense."
Rookie Kevin Murphy saw his first NBA action, getting two-plus minutes of mop-up time. He had two points and one personal foul.
"That felt good to go out there and just to play and get a chance to play," he said. "Even if I didn't play I'd still been happy just be in this opportunity."
Jazz preseason sensation Enes Kanter sported a bandage over his stitched-up chin and a black cowboy hat with a skull on it after the game. Kanter had six points and seven rebounds in limited action.
The Jazz now travel to New Orleans to begin a three-game road trip.
- Utah high school boys basketball previews:...
- BYU expecting a 'dogfight' in Logan against...
- Former Ute Delon Wright, former Cougar Jimmer...
- Morning links: Utah, USU pick up commitments...
- What you may have missed: Mangum’s...
- Dick Harmon: Former BYU quarterbacks rise to...
- Utah notebook: Britain Covey will not play on...
- High school basketball: Lone Peak, Murray,...
- 13th-ranked Utes go south, drop pivotal... 127
- Brad Rock: Utah Utes disappoint but not... 52
- BYU expecting a 'dogfight' in Logan... 52
- College football: Utes hanging on in... 40
- Utes lost more than just a game on... 38
- Morning links: Beehive State coaches on... 37
- Live updates: No. 13 Utah takes on UCLA... 35
- Twitter reacts to Utes' offensive... 35