Ravell Call, Deseret News
I am voting for Jim Matheson because his views are more moderate than Mia Love's. Also he is probably the only Democrat likely to have a chance to win a national office in Utah. All the Republican office holders seem to endorse Mia Love. Do they want a one-party state? One-party states didn't work for Communist Russia or Nazi Germany. All it accomplishes is bad government.
I trust Jim and believe he will do the best for Utah. The national parties on both sides have presented negative ads and Jim is the only one to place ads denying the negetive reports on his record. If the ads against Mia Love are not true, why doesn't she deny them? Is it because they are true?
- In our opinion: Boy Scouts of America and...
- My view: History lesson — 'Taking back'...
- John Florez: Education — Big government...
- Letter: A 'dying' document
- In our opinion: With caucus compromise, Utah...
- Was Hillary right to compare Putin to Hitler?
- In our opinion: Prison relocation iffy
- Letter: Religious freedom
- Letter: Minimum Wage insufficient 67
- Has Obama's foreign policy emboldened... 62
- Jay Evensen: Obama could use a dose of... 60
- Letter: Religious freedom 53
- In our opinion: Boy Scouts of America... 32
- Sen. Ted Cruz opens 2014 CPAC with... 30
- Was Hillary right to compare Putin to... 30
- Senate defeats Obama in Justice nod 21