Ravell Call, Deseret News
I am voting for Jim Matheson because his views are more moderate than Mia Love's. Also he is probably the only Democrat likely to have a chance to win a national office in Utah. All the Republican office holders seem to endorse Mia Love. Do they want a one-party state? One-party states didn't work for Communist Russia or Nazi Germany. All it accomplishes is bad government.
I trust Jim and believe he will do the best for Utah. The national parties on both sides have presented negative ads and Jim is the only one to place ads denying the negetive reports on his record. If the ads against Mia Love are not true, why doesn't she deny them? Is it because they are true?
- About Utah: They're best in the world
- This year's most popular editorials
- W. Bradford Wilcox: Why the working-class...
- In our opinion: Flawed torture report didn't...
- Robert Bennett: Lesson for Cruz —...
- John Florez: Utah's prison relocation is like...
- Letter: Condoning torture
- In our opinion: The 3 levels of Christmas
- Letter: Patriots or sheep? 65
- In our opinion: Flawed torture report... 55
- Greg Bell: Socialism vs. the safety net 48
- Letter: Condoning torture 41
- Jay Evensen: Cuba not likely to change... 34
- Robert Bennett: Lesson for Cruz —... 28
- John Florez: Utah's prison relocation... 27
- Letter: Police not the problem 24