Scott G Winterton, Deseret News
On Oct. 30, I received a flyer from the Utah Democratic Party. The flyer asks "who deserves a pay raise?" It had a quotation from the Fox 13 newscast on Oct. 25: "You've got guys out working (graveyard shifts) trying to support their families and you've got a mayor who's giving herself a pay increase."
It did not say who said the quote. At the bottom of the flyer it read "check the facts." I called the news department and the gentleman looked up the transcript and could not find the quote.
On a teleconference, one citizen asked Mia Love about the flyer and she said she is being paid only $850 per month and she could not give herself a pay raise.
I wish we could have an honest campaign and forget the mud. No wonder political parties have a low positive rating.
- In our opinion: Marriage definition on...
- About Utah: Big-time golf in little ol'...
- Peter Corroon: Generalizations about liberals...
- Drew Clark: Can the Supreme Court find...
- Frank Pignanelli & LaVarr Webb: We can't help...
- A. Scott Anderson: Overregulation hurts bank...
- Letter: No oversight at all
- Letter: Climate change is unjustified rhetoric
- In our opinion: Marriage definition on... 93
- Richard Davis: A historic moment for... 60
- Jay Evensen: U.S. silence troubling... 59
- Letter: Climate change is unjustified... 42
- Peter Corroon: Generalizations about... 37
- Letter: We can do better 27
- A. Scott Anderson: Overregulation hurts... 26
- In our opinion: Recent drowning of 800... 22