Scott G Winterton, Deseret News
On Oct. 30, I received a flyer from the Utah Democratic Party. The flyer asks "who deserves a pay raise?" It had a quotation from the Fox 13 newscast on Oct. 25: "You've got guys out working (graveyard shifts) trying to support their families and you've got a mayor who's giving herself a pay increase."
It did not say who said the quote. At the bottom of the flyer it read "check the facts." I called the news department and the gentleman looked up the transcript and could not find the quote.
On a teleconference, one citizen asked Mia Love about the flyer and she said she is being paid only $850 per month and she could not give herself a pay raise.
I wish we could have an honest campaign and forget the mud. No wonder political parties have a low positive rating.
- In our opinion: Airport expansion reflects...
- Mary Barker: The Romney I may have voted for
- Stuart Reid: Translations of religious...
- The complicated political views of...
- 3 modern Utah heroes who exemplify pioneer...
- In our opinion: History will remember our...
- Dan Liljenquist: Religious liberty and the...
- Letter: Breeding hate
- In our opinion: U.S. Supreme Court... 104
- Mary Barker: The Romney I may have... 61
- My view: Amnesty towards border... 56
- Stuart Reid: Translations of religious... 52
- In our opinion: History will remember... 46
- Letter: Society values 45
- Dan Liljenquist: Religious liberty and... 40
- Letter: Breeding hate 38