Scott G Winterton, Deseret News
On Oct. 30, I received a flyer from the Utah Democratic Party. The flyer asks "who deserves a pay raise?" It had a quotation from the Fox 13 newscast on Oct. 25: "You've got guys out working (graveyard shifts) trying to support their families and you've got a mayor who's giving herself a pay increase."
It did not say who said the quote. At the bottom of the flyer it read "check the facts." I called the news department and the gentleman looked up the transcript and could not find the quote.
On a teleconference, one citizen asked Mia Love about the flyer and she said she is being paid only $850 per month and she could not give herself a pay raise.
I wish we could have an honest campaign and forget the mud. No wonder political parties have a low positive rating.
- In our opinion: Divided 8-judge Supreme Court...
- John Florez: A father's heartbreaking letter
- Robert J. Samuelson: The Olympic sinkhole
- In our opinion: Finding – not forcing...
- Drew Clark: Will 2016 be the breakout year...
- My view: The supergentrification of Sugar House
- Michael Gerson: The Dalai Lama's path to peace
- Frank Pignanelli & LaVarr Webb: The 'bathroom...
- In our opinion: Finding – not... 79
- In our opinion: Divided 8-judge Supreme... 49
- Letter: Nothing is 'free' 47
- Those intolerable TSA security lines 22
- On Second Thought: A lighthearted look... 19
- Letter: Citizens have a duty 19
- My view: Patriotic Millionaires urges... 17
- My view: Biggest reason for physician... 17