Scott G Winterton, Deseret News
On Oct. 30, I received a flyer from the Utah Democratic Party. The flyer asks "who deserves a pay raise?" It had a quotation from the Fox 13 newscast on Oct. 25: "You've got guys out working (graveyard shifts) trying to support their families and you've got a mayor who's giving herself a pay increase."
It did not say who said the quote. At the bottom of the flyer it read "check the facts." I called the news department and the gentleman looked up the transcript and could not find the quote.
On a teleconference, one citizen asked Mia Love about the flyer and she said she is being paid only $850 per month and she could not give herself a pay raise.
I wish we could have an honest campaign and forget the mud. No wonder political parties have a low positive rating.
- Letter: Creating social outcasts 45
- In our opinion: A social take on the... 31
- Letter: Constitutional republic 30
- Letter: Utah's water 25
- Don't wait for politicians 25
- My view: New labor rule may harm Utah's... 24
- Robert J. Samuelson: Why tax reform is... 21
- In our opinion: Troops in Syria makes... 21