Scott G Winterton, Deseret News
On Oct. 30, I received a flyer from the Utah Democratic Party. The flyer asks "who deserves a pay raise?" It had a quotation from the Fox 13 newscast on Oct. 25: "You've got guys out working (graveyard shifts) trying to support their families and you've got a mayor who's giving herself a pay increase."
It did not say who said the quote. At the bottom of the flyer it read "check the facts." I called the news department and the gentleman looked up the transcript and could not find the quote.
On a teleconference, one citizen asked Mia Love about the flyer and she said she is being paid only $850 per month and she could not give herself a pay raise.
I wish we could have an honest campaign and forget the mud. No wonder political parties have a low positive rating.
- My view: Common Core tests erode parental rights
- Lois M. Collins: The gifts I hope I gave my...
- Bob Bennett: Climate change question should...
- In our opinion: Talking of tax reform and...
- Letter: Mandated freedom
- Letter: Same stale air
- In our opinion: Revisiting Abraham Lincoln's...
- Letter: Who's against Healthy Utah?