If you require the winner to have at least 50 percent, plus one, the country would mire itself in runoff elections. In 2000, Ralph Nader would have been beating down Al Gore's door, asking for a deal in exchange for his endorsement. Ross Perot would have done the same to George H.W. Bush and Bob Dole in the '90s.
Want to be like Europe? In a parliamentary system, people vote for political parties, who choose the prime minister.
The Electoral College is peculiar, but it is no less fair than any other system, and it is better than most. That will remain true no matter what happens Tuesday night.
- Letters: Founders' values
- My view: Voting member's perspective on the...
- John Florez: Government a big vending machine
- My view: MMR vaccine caused my son's autism
- In our opinion: Leave NCIC alone
- The winners and the losers
- Letters: 'My View' irresponsible
- White House press corps has been turned into...