24 players, two teams and 48 minutes.
For many, the start of the NBA season is a welcome way to wear out the winter, but avid Jazz fans look forward to this time all year long. Tonight, the 82-game journey starts.
The Jazz raced through 8 preseason games, winning five. Along the way, we learned a lot about this team's depth, style of play and talent.
Now that the real season has begun, what to watch for?
Denim Millward of BleacherReport.com has given Jazz fans a lesson in what we learned from the preseason. As the season progresses, here are five things to have on your Jazz radar:
- This summer belonged to Enes Kanter. He is completely transformed.
- The Jazz have five awesome big men, and distributing the minutes will be a challenge.
- So nice it's in here twice, the Jazz have five--count them--five awesome big men. There will be no dropoff when the second unit comes in.
- Three-point shooting has been improved. This combined with the Jazz's loaded front court will make Utah hard to defend.
- The youth movement is strong. Who knows when Kanter, Hayward, and Favors will overtake Jefferson, Millsap and Marvin Williams. If the latter struggle, could be sooner than later.
- BYU basketball: 3 players record...
- Local NFL watch: How Utah players fared in...
- BYU's linebacker Kyle Van Noy engaged to Miss...
- LDS general authorities make appearance at...
- Utah basketball: Runnin' Utes come up just...
- Utah Jazz: A few slices of holiday spirit...
- High school basketball: Tuesday's prep roundup
- Utah Jazz: Comparisons inevitable between...
- Mike Sorensen: Despite disappointing... 185
- BYU football: Cougar offense rebounds... 84
- Utah basketball: Runnin' Utes come up... 77
- Utah football: Utes end season with... 76
- BYU, Utah State basketball: Second-half... 74
- Unbeaten Utes hit the road for the... 58
- College football re-rankings: Where do... 57
- Sources: Former BYU quarterback Steve... 48