What to watch for during the Jazz's NBA season, starting tonight
24 players, two teams and 48 minutes.
For many, the start of the NBA season is a welcome way to wear out the winter, but avid Jazz fans look forward to this time all year long. Tonight, the 82-game journey starts.
The Jazz raced through 8 preseason games, winning five. Along the way, we learned a lot about this team's depth, style of play and talent.
Now that the real season has begun, what to watch for?
Denim Millward of BleacherReport.com has given Jazz fans a lesson in what we learned from the preseason. As the season progresses, here are five things to have on your Jazz radar:
- This summer belonged to Enes Kanter. He is completely transformed.
- The Jazz have five awesome big men, and distributing the minutes will be a challenge.
- So nice it's in here twice, the Jazz have five--count them--five awesome big men. There will be no dropoff when the second unit comes in.
- Three-point shooting has been improved. This combined with the Jazz's loaded front court will make Utah hard to defend.
- The youth movement is strong. Who knows when Kanter, Hayward, and Favors will overtake Jefferson, Millsap and Marvin Williams. If the latter struggle, could be sooner than later.
- Already impressing: Utah Jazz rookie Dante...
- Midseason recap and awards for BYU and Utah
- Booker-ing ram and broken dreams: Midseason...
- Mired in 3-game losing streak, BYU preparing...
- Dick Harmon: Even more urgency needed as...
- Report: Former BYU receiver Cody Hoffman to...
- Utah Jazz give key starters a break in 98-91...
- Travis Wilson back in the saddle as Utes'...
- Utes top Oregon State in double overtime 114
- Nevada rallies to beat BYU, 42-35 68
- Dick Harmon: BYU amasses yards but... 49
- Mired in 3-game losing streak, BYU... 48
- FBS football coaches vote BYU most... 32
- Peavler: Penalties out of control at BYU 28
- Brad Rock: Utes have their star in... 27
- College football: Utah rises to No. 19... 25