What to watch for during the Jazz's NBA season, starting tonight
24 players, two teams and 48 minutes.
For many, the start of the NBA season is a welcome way to wear out the winter, but avid Jazz fans look forward to this time all year long. Tonight, the 82-game journey starts.
The Jazz raced through 8 preseason games, winning five. Along the way, we learned a lot about this team's depth, style of play and talent.
Now that the real season has begun, what to watch for?
Denim Millward of BleacherReport.com has given Jazz fans a lesson in what we learned from the preseason. As the season progresses, here are five things to have on your Jazz radar:
- This summer belonged to Enes Kanter. He is completely transformed.
- The Jazz have five awesome big men, and distributing the minutes will be a challenge.
- So nice it's in here twice, the Jazz have five--count them--five awesome big men. There will be no dropoff when the second unit comes in.
- Three-point shooting has been improved. This combined with the Jazz's loaded front court will make Utah hard to defend.
- The youth movement is strong. Who knows when Kanter, Hayward, and Favors will overtake Jefferson, Millsap and Marvin Williams. If the latter struggle, could be sooner than later.
- Red and Blue Recruits: 'Sometimes when it...
- Some surprises, lots of defense, on first day...
- Heisman Trophy tracker, week 5: Taysom Hill...
- Honoring a legend: BYU star quarterback Jim...
- Danny Ainge speaks about career, Mormon faith
- Doug Robinson: Making sense of retired...
- Former walk-on Kyle Johnson has become BYU's...
- BYU football: LB commit Jeremiah Ieremia says...
- Opportunity lost: Utes squander lead,... 295
- BYU takes advantage of the bye week,... 93
- Things won't get any easier for... 83
- For BYU, Utah State is 'featured... 60
- Brad Rock: Guaranteed wins don't exist... 54
- Peavler: Is Utah State BYU's biggest... 48
- Quarterback Travis Wilson, Utes... 45
- Dick Harmon: Undefeated BYU is on... 39