What to watch for during the Jazz's NBA season, starting tonight
24 players, two teams and 48 minutes.
For many, the start of the NBA season is a welcome way to wear out the winter, but avid Jazz fans look forward to this time all year long. Tonight, the 82-game journey starts.
The Jazz raced through 8 preseason games, winning five. Along the way, we learned a lot about this team's depth, style of play and talent.
Now that the real season has begun, what to watch for?
Denim Millward of BleacherReport.com has given Jazz fans a lesson in what we learned from the preseason. As the season progresses, here are five things to have on your Jazz radar:
- This summer belonged to Enes Kanter. He is completely transformed.
- The Jazz have five awesome big men, and distributing the minutes will be a challenge.
- So nice it's in here twice, the Jazz have five--count them--five awesome big men. There will be no dropoff when the second unit comes in.
- Three-point shooting has been improved. This combined with the Jazz's loaded front court will make Utah hard to defend.
- The youth movement is strong. Who knows when Kanter, Hayward, and Favors will overtake Jefferson, Millsap and Marvin Williams. If the latter struggle, could be sooner than later.
- Morning links: BYU letting fans tailgate;...
- Dick Harmon: Big 12 expansion talk (ahem,...
- Whittingham says Hatfield is still dismissed...
- Pac-12 media day: Utah Kyle Whittingham...
- Utah Jazz: 'Hungry' Trey Burke keeping busy...
- Doug Robinson: Weber State track coach isn't...
- ESPN highlights BYU basketball's roster...
- Pac-12 notebook: Whittingham clarifies...
- Dick Harmon: Big 12 expansion talk... 99
- Morning links: Utah is on the rise in... 74
- Cougars say they have learned lessons... 70
- Utah makes top 7 for 4-star offensive... 50
- Ute football team picked to finish 5th... 50
- Morning links: BYU, Utah and Utah State... 41
- Morning links: Tom Hackett is the Utes'... 33
- 4-star basketball recruit Connor... 32