What to watch for during the Jazz's NBA season, starting tonight
24 players, two teams and 48 minutes.
For many, the start of the NBA season is a welcome way to wear out the winter, but avid Jazz fans look forward to this time all year long. Tonight, the 82-game journey starts.
The Jazz raced through 8 preseason games, winning five. Along the way, we learned a lot about this team's depth, style of play and talent.
Now that the real season has begun, what to watch for?
Denim Millward of BleacherReport.com has given Jazz fans a lesson in what we learned from the preseason. As the season progresses, here are five things to have on your Jazz radar:
- This summer belonged to Enes Kanter. He is completely transformed.
- The Jazz have five awesome big men, and distributing the minutes will be a challenge.
- So nice it's in here twice, the Jazz have five--count them--five awesome big men. There will be no dropoff when the second unit comes in.
- Three-point shooting has been improved. This combined with the Jazz's loaded front court will make Utah hard to defend.
- The youth movement is strong. Who knows when Kanter, Hayward, and Favors will overtake Jefferson, Millsap and Marvin Williams. If the latter struggle, could be sooner than later.
- Despite the loss, Savannah State coach...
- When it rains, it pours: Utes get washed away...
- Jimmer Fredette trying to keep his head up as...
- BYU blanks hapless Savannah State, 64-0
- BYU's senior day emotional for Cougar coach...
- Utes drop out of national rankings following...
- Brad Rock: Arizona teaches Utes about waiting
- Dick Harmon: Regardless of circusmtances,...
- When it rains, it pours: Utes get... 142
- BYU's Hill plans to return for senior... 116
- UHSAA's Board of Trustees assigns high... 37
- BYU blanks hapless Savannah State, 64-0 36
- For BYU, it's not about opponent... 31
- Utes drop out of national rankings... 24
- Despite the loss, Savannah State coach... 23
- Freshman Jake Toolson leads Cougars... 21