What to watch for during the Jazz's NBA season, starting tonight
24 players, two teams and 48 minutes.
For many, the start of the NBA season is a welcome way to wear out the winter, but avid Jazz fans look forward to this time all year long. Tonight, the 82-game journey starts.
The Jazz raced through 8 preseason games, winning five. Along the way, we learned a lot about this team's depth, style of play and talent.
Now that the real season has begun, what to watch for?
Denim Millward of BleacherReport.com has given Jazz fans a lesson in what we learned from the preseason. As the season progresses, here are five things to have on your Jazz radar:
- This summer belonged to Enes Kanter. He is completely transformed.
- The Jazz have five awesome big men, and distributing the minutes will be a challenge.
- So nice it's in here twice, the Jazz have five--count them--five awesome big men. There will be no dropoff when the second unit comes in.
- Three-point shooting has been improved. This combined with the Jazz's loaded front court will make Utah hard to defend.
- The youth movement is strong. Who knows when Kanter, Hayward, and Favors will overtake Jefferson, Millsap and Marvin Williams. If the latter struggle, could be sooner than later.
- BYU basketball: Collinsworth sets NCAA career...
- Utah's first family of rodeo: Riding buckin'...
- BYU reaches 9-win plateau, hoping for bowl...
- Dick Harmon: After tossing 4 TDs, BYU's...
- College Football: Utah moves back into top...
- Utah Jazz excited for a crack at undefeated...
- BYU-USU video: 5 plays that turned the game...
- BYU basketball analysis: How the Cougars...
- Utes outlast Colorado to cap best... 101
- College Football: Utah moves back into... 49
- BYU's big plays, big second half, spell... 41
- BYU holds on for tougher-than-expected... 34
- Utah State denies David Collette's... 30
- BYU basketball: Collinsworth sets NCAA... 27
- Brad Rock: Utes need bowl win to avoid... 25
- Dick Harmon: After tossing 4 TDs, BYU's... 24