What to watch for during the Jazz's NBA season, starting tonight
24 players, two teams and 48 minutes.
For many, the start of the NBA season is a welcome way to wear out the winter, but avid Jazz fans look forward to this time all year long. Tonight, the 82-game journey starts.
The Jazz raced through 8 preseason games, winning five. Along the way, we learned a lot about this team's depth, style of play and talent.
Now that the real season has begun, what to watch for?
Denim Millward of BleacherReport.com has given Jazz fans a lesson in what we learned from the preseason. As the season progresses, here are five things to have on your Jazz radar:
- This summer belonged to Enes Kanter. He is completely transformed.
- The Jazz have five awesome big men, and distributing the minutes will be a challenge.
- So nice it's in here twice, the Jazz have five--count them--five awesome big men. There will be no dropoff when the second unit comes in.
- Three-point shooting has been improved. This combined with the Jazz's loaded front court will make Utah hard to defend.
- The youth movement is strong. Who knows when Kanter, Hayward, and Favors will overtake Jefferson, Millsap and Marvin Williams. If the latter struggle, could be sooner than later.
- High school football: Defense, big plays pave...
- High school football: Timpview overcomes...
- High school football: Bingham accepts invite...
- UHSAA's Board of Trustees assigns high...
- Dick Harmon: Utah tries to break out of...
- Championship Friday, live streams, stats and...
- Red and Blue Recruits: The championship edition
- Jabari Parker posts photo of himself with LDS...
- Dick Harmon: Outwardly lobbying Big 12... 142
- BYU's Hill plans to return for senior... 114
- Runnin' Utes lose defensive battle at... 68
- Utes still have outside chance at... 36
- UHSAA's Board of Trustees assigns high... 35
- For BYU, it's not about opponent... 30
- Freshman Jake Toolson leads Cougars... 21
- Dick Harmon: Hard-hitting safety Craig... 19