What to watch for during the Jazz's NBA season, starting tonight
24 players, two teams and 48 minutes.
For many, the start of the NBA season is a welcome way to wear out the winter, but avid Jazz fans look forward to this time all year long. Tonight, the 82-game journey starts.
The Jazz raced through 8 preseason games, winning five. Along the way, we learned a lot about this team's depth, style of play and talent.
Now that the real season has begun, what to watch for?
Denim Millward of BleacherReport.com has given Jazz fans a lesson in what we learned from the preseason. As the season progresses, here are five things to have on your Jazz radar:
- This summer belonged to Enes Kanter. He is completely transformed.
- The Jazz have five awesome big men, and distributing the minutes will be a challenge.
- So nice it's in here twice, the Jazz have five--count them--five awesome big men. There will be no dropoff when the second unit comes in.
- Three-point shooting has been improved. This combined with the Jazz's loaded front court will make Utah hard to defend.
- The youth movement is strong. Who knows when Kanter, Hayward, and Favors will overtake Jefferson, Millsap and Marvin Williams. If the latter struggle, could be sooner than later.
- BYU football: Christian Stewart returns to...
- Dick Harmon: Work of BYU's new strength coach...
- 1A boys basketball tournament: roundup of...
- Brad Rock: When it comes to rioting, Miami...
- Morning links: Jazz's sudden rise; SI breaks...
- After year layoff, BYU's Kurtz happy to be...
- The name game: pronouncing the names of the...
- Jazz suffer heartbreaking, last-second loss...
- BYU shocks No. 3 Gonzaga 73-70 110
- Utes come up short in Pac-12 battle... 83
- Discipline a focus of spring ball for... 76
- Holmoe assesses the state of the... 51
- Mike Sorensen: How about a Utah-BYU... 44
- Brad Rock: When it comes to rioting,... 44
- About Utah: Replace the prison with the... 42
- Morning links: Is BYU now in the... 40