What to watch for during the Jazz's NBA season, starting tonight
24 players, two teams and 48 minutes.
For many, the start of the NBA season is a welcome way to wear out the winter, but avid Jazz fans look forward to this time all year long. Tonight, the 82-game journey starts.
The Jazz raced through 8 preseason games, winning five. Along the way, we learned a lot about this team's depth, style of play and talent.
Now that the real season has begun, what to watch for?
Denim Millward of BleacherReport.com has given Jazz fans a lesson in what we learned from the preseason. As the season progresses, here are five things to have on your Jazz radar:
- This summer belonged to Enes Kanter. He is completely transformed.
- The Jazz have five awesome big men, and distributing the minutes will be a challenge.
- So nice it's in here twice, the Jazz have five--count them--five awesome big men. There will be no dropoff when the second unit comes in.
- Three-point shooting has been improved. This combined with the Jazz's loaded front court will make Utah hard to defend.
- The youth movement is strong. Who knows when Kanter, Hayward, and Favors will overtake Jefferson, Millsap and Marvin Williams. If the latter struggle, could be sooner than later.
- Teeples: The Big 12 simply can't afford to...
- NFL locals photo gallery: Kyle Van Noy and...
- College football: BYU receives votes in...
- Fall camp position previews: BYU, Utah and...
- BYU football fall practice position preview:...
- BYU football: Cougars announce future games...
- Utah football fall practice position preview:...
- High school football: Deseret News 2014...
- 'It all came together': 30 years later,... 137
- Brad Rock: BYU, Utah — married... 105
- Teeples: The Big 12 simply can't afford... 104
- BYU football: Cougars announce future... 79
- AAC Commissioner Mike Aresco: 'We're... 73
- Back for an encore: Taysom Hill working... 51
- Rock On: Kyle Whittingham's happy face 32
- Former Ute Zane Beadles donates... 30