What to watch for during the Jazz's NBA season, starting tonight
24 players, two teams and 48 minutes.
For many, the start of the NBA season is a welcome way to wear out the winter, but avid Jazz fans look forward to this time all year long. Tonight, the 82-game journey starts.
The Jazz raced through 8 preseason games, winning five. Along the way, we learned a lot about this team's depth, style of play and talent.
Now that the real season has begun, what to watch for?
Denim Millward of BleacherReport.com has given Jazz fans a lesson in what we learned from the preseason. As the season progresses, here are five things to have on your Jazz radar:
- This summer belonged to Enes Kanter. He is completely transformed.
- The Jazz have five awesome big men, and distributing the minutes will be a challenge.
- So nice it's in here twice, the Jazz have five--count them--five awesome big men. There will be no dropoff when the second unit comes in.
- Three-point shooting has been improved. This combined with the Jazz's loaded front court will make Utah hard to defend.
- The youth movement is strong. Who knows when Kanter, Hayward, and Favors will overtake Jefferson, Millsap and Marvin Williams. If the latter struggle, could be sooner than later.
- Mormon coaches and callings: How they balance...
- Deseret News previews of all 103 varsity...
- BYU AD Tom Holmoe says Cougars should hear...
- BYU offensive line coming together in time...
- Parry's power guide to Utah high school...
- Felt's Facts, Week 1: Where does Duchesne's...
- Brad Rock: Jerry Sloan praises ref who may...
- Final preseason breakdown of BYU, Utah and...
- College football: BYU, Utah State... 146
- Travis Wilson edges out Kendal Thompson... 110
- Hawaii AD: 'There is a very real... 100
- Guest commentary: It’s OK if BYU... 76
- BYU football: Cougars agree to... 73
- Dick Harmon: Offensive line play will... 46
- BYU AD Tom Holmoe says Cougars should... 41
- Peavler: Final preseason breakdown of... 37