Julio Cortez, Associated Press
Our take: In the wake of superstorm Sandy, several Christian disaster relief organizations have stated they are ready to help those who are affected, providing comfort, shelter and other supplies.
Several Christian disaster relief organizations, including those focused on providing emotional support to victims, announced yesterday that they are ready to head into the heavily damaged areas of northeastern United States in the wake of Hurricane Sandy. As the storm made landfall a little after 8 p.m. EDT, it was declared a post-tropical cyclone with damaging winds reaching lower hurricane strength.
"Three mobile office units will leave Charlotte tomorrow morning headed into the devastation left by Hurricane Sandy," stated the Billy Graham Rapid Response team Monday afternoon. "We will have teams on the ground within 24 hours of the hurricane's passing. Please pray for safety in travel for the chaplain coordinators who will be driving the mobile units, and the volunteer chaplains coming from around the country."
The purpose of the response team, a part of the renowned evangelist's organization, is to "deploy chaplains who will bring a ministry of presence and prayer and appropriately share God's love, comfort, and hope with those affected by a man-made or natural disaster."
Read more about Superstorm Sandy: Christian Relief Organizations Ready for Massi on The Christian Post.
- The story behind the missionary reality TV...
- The Book of Mormon claims No. 1 spot on list...
- At UVU, Elder Oaks sees hope despite...
- Atheists, Mormon scholars talk religion
- LDS Church reaffirms stance on immigration
- Mormon Tabernacle Choir to carry on tradition...
- How much did President Obama donate to his...
- Elizabeth Smart talks forgiveness and...
- LDS Church reaffirms stance on immigration 106
- Atheists, Mormon scholars talk religion 87
- Obama: Religious intolerance has... 77
- Ask Angela: With so few choices, should... 75
- Zeroing in on religious hubs, atheists... 73
- At UVU, Elder Oaks sees hope despite... 70
- The Book of Mormon claims No. 1 spot on... 49
- How much did President Obama donate to... 44