As our two major presidential candidates sprint to the finish line, President Obama has decided to attack Mitt Romney on the basis that Romney will not keep his promises and will say anything to get elected.
This is an audacious claim from a president who has left in his wake a very long string of broken promises. As for saying anything to get elected, Obama proved his own willingness to prevaricate at the end of the second presidential debate when he told the American people three obvious lies: One, he believes in the free enterprise system; two, he believes in self-reliance; three, he thinks people should be rewarded for their hard work.
Obama's past rhetoric and his present policies expose the hollowness of these so-called beliefs.
- In our opinion: Divided 8-judge Supreme Court...
- John Florez: A father's heartbreaking letter
- Robert J. Samuelson: The Olympic sinkhole
- In our opinion: Finding – not forcing...
- Drew Clark: Will 2016 be the breakout year...
- My view: The supergentrification of Sugar House
- Michael Gerson: The Dalai Lama's path to peace
- Frank Pignanelli & LaVarr Webb: The 'bathroom...
- In our opinion: Finding – not... 79
- In our opinion: Divided 8-judge Supreme... 49
- Letter: Nothing is 'free' 46
- Those intolerable TSA security lines 22
- On Second Thought: A lighthearted look... 19
- Letter: Citizens have a duty 19
- My view: Patriotic Millionaires urges... 17
- My view: Biggest reason for physician... 17