As our two major presidential candidates sprint to the finish line, President Obama has decided to attack Mitt Romney on the basis that Romney will not keep his promises and will say anything to get elected.
This is an audacious claim from a president who has left in his wake a very long string of broken promises. As for saying anything to get elected, Obama proved his own willingness to prevaricate at the end of the second presidential debate when he told the American people three obvious lies: One, he believes in the free enterprise system; two, he believes in self-reliance; three, he thinks people should be rewarded for their hard work.
Obama's past rhetoric and his present policies expose the hollowness of these so-called beliefs.
- In our opinion: Parents reading to young...
- Letter: Pay for your share
- Drew Clark: What President Obama does well:...
- Letter: Peanut butter ban?
- Letter: Repeating past mistakes
- Ron Clegg: Primary seat belt law will save lives
- In our opinion: Supreme Court rules...
- John Florez: Education is 'app' to change...
- In our opinion: Obama's State of the... 71
- Jay Evensen: Obama must make religious... 54
- In our opinion: How immigration reform... 43
- 6 important takeaways for families in... 37
- In our opinion: Supreme Court rules... 35
- Letter: Not so lazy 34
- Jay Evensen: Leave free tuition... 31
- Doug Robinson: NFL overtime rules need... 27