As our two major presidential candidates sprint to the finish line, President Obama has decided to attack Mitt Romney on the basis that Romney will not keep his promises and will say anything to get elected.
This is an audacious claim from a president who has left in his wake a very long string of broken promises. As for saying anything to get elected, Obama proved his own willingness to prevaricate at the end of the second presidential debate when he told the American people three obvious lies: One, he believes in the free enterprise system; two, he believes in self-reliance; three, he thinks people should be rewarded for their hard work.
Obama's past rhetoric and his present policies expose the hollowness of these so-called beliefs.
- About Utah: They're best in the world
- This year's most popular editorials
- W. Bradford Wilcox: Why the working-class...
- In our opinion: Flawed torture report didn't...
- Robert Bennett: Lesson for Cruz —...
- John Florez: Utah's prison relocation is like...
- Letter: Condoning torture
- In our opinion: The 3 levels of Christmas
- Letter: Patriots or sheep? 65
- In our opinion: Flawed torture report... 55
- Greg Bell: Socialism vs. the safety net 48
- Letter: Condoning torture 41
- Jay Evensen: Cuba not likely to change... 34
- Robert Bennett: Lesson for Cruz —... 28
- John Florez: Utah's prison relocation... 27
- Letter: Police not the problem 24