As our two major presidential candidates sprint to the finish line, President Obama has decided to attack Mitt Romney on the basis that Romney will not keep his promises and will say anything to get elected.
This is an audacious claim from a president who has left in his wake a very long string of broken promises. As for saying anything to get elected, Obama proved his own willingness to prevaricate at the end of the second presidential debate when he told the American people three obvious lies: One, he believes in the free enterprise system; two, he believes in self-reliance; three, he thinks people should be rewarded for their hard work.
Obama's past rhetoric and his present policies expose the hollowness of these so-called beliefs.
- My view: The most famous person born in Utah
- Michael Gerson: Conservative success and the...
- In our opinion: Because higher education...
- David Blankenhorn: Legalizing casinos: Jobs...
- Letter: Going back
- Taxpayers are big winners in TARP
- Charles Krauthammer: The immigration...
- Letter: Spreading energy