Letter: The government shouldn't cut programs, they should cut administrative salaries instead
Cutting programs saves us the money the government foolishly gives away, but a large part of the expense saved is in administrative salaries. Much as we hate the idea of people working for the government and wasting our taxes, those salaries represent people whose wages support the economy just as do the wages of those employed in the "legitimate" private sector. They buy food, clothing and other necessities or luxuries, and pay rent or mortgages, utilities, tuition and even taxes.
Is the private sector ready to absorb all these people, or will these contributing workers be forced into becoming takers?
And the resulting unemployment? You ain't seen nothing yet.
Salt Lake City
- In our opinion: Trump's all-inclusive... 65
- Jay Evensen: Birthright citizenship... 51
- In our opinion: Security with Clinton's... 45
- Richard Davis: What can Republicans do... 44
- My view: Don’t expand Medicaid... 36
- Letter: Stimulate the economy 29
- Dan Liljenquist: Charter schools... 26
- My view: Women’s equality —... 25