Snow White and the Seven Droids? Twitter abuzz with Disney-Lucas mashups
LOS ANGELES — Movie nerds went nuts on Twitter upon hearing the news Tuesday that Disney was buying Lucasfilm for $4.05 billion. Many were psyched about the prospect of three new "Star Wars" movies, starting with the tentatively titled "Episode 7" in 2015, while others were worried that the Disney empire would ruin the Evil Empire.
Either way, fans had fun thinking up mashups of these two cultural institutions, flooding Twitter feeds with the hashtag "DisneyStarWars." Among the most amusing mixes:
— When You Wish Upon a Death Star.
— Finding Greedo.
— Song of the Sith.
— Lando and the Tramp.
— Snow White and the Seven Droids.
— The Princess Leia Diaries.
— Emperor Palpatine's New Groove.
— The Wookiee.
— Beauty and the Boba Fett.
— Lilo & Sith.
— The Fox and the Han Solo.
— Droid Story.
— Jabba the Pooh.
— Bambi Wan Kenobi.
— Chitty Chitty Death Star.
— That's So Vader.
What are your favorite Disney-Lucas mashups? Share them with AP Movie Writer Christy Lemire on Twitter: https://twitter.com/christylemire
- Britain's little prince celebrates first...
- Appeals courts issue contradictory rulings on...
- A kiss, a prayer: The last hours of MH17's...
- Herbert among 6 governors raising concerns...
- Oops! EPA goes off topic, tweets about Kim...
- Propaganda war continues in Hobby Lobby...
- American Jews, other 'lone soldiers' serve...
- Russians fed conspiracy theories on Ukraine...
- Propaganda war continues in Hobby Lobby... 48
- Appeals courts issue contradictory... 43
- Obama will sign order barring gay,... 26
- Gov. Rick Perry sending National Guard... 23
- Herbert among 6 governors raising... 21
- Tea party groups' suit against IRS... 20
- US appeals court tosses Oklahoma gay... 19
- Obama voices concern about casualties... 13