Snow White and the Seven Droids? Twitter abuzz with Disney-Lucas mashups
LOS ANGELES — Movie nerds went nuts on Twitter upon hearing the news Tuesday that Disney was buying Lucasfilm for $4.05 billion. Many were psyched about the prospect of three new "Star Wars" movies, starting with the tentatively titled "Episode 7" in 2015, while others were worried that the Disney empire would ruin the Evil Empire.
Either way, fans had fun thinking up mashups of these two cultural institutions, flooding Twitter feeds with the hashtag "DisneyStarWars." Among the most amusing mixes:
— When You Wish Upon a Death Star.
— Finding Greedo.
— Song of the Sith.
— Lando and the Tramp.
— Snow White and the Seven Droids.
— The Princess Leia Diaries.
— Emperor Palpatine's New Groove.
— The Wookiee.
— Beauty and the Boba Fett.
— Lilo & Sith.
— The Fox and the Han Solo.
— Droid Story.
— Jabba the Pooh.
— Bambi Wan Kenobi.
— Chitty Chitty Death Star.
— That's So Vader.
What are your favorite Disney-Lucas mashups? Share them with AP Movie Writer Christy Lemire on Twitter: https://twitter.com/christylemire
- Mitt Romney talks IRS, AP records, Benghazi...
- Fly a flag for Cody: Army confirms Utah man...
- LDS missionary 'stable' following hit-and-run...
- Republicans try to link IRS scandal, Obama's...
- A look at why the Benghazi issue keeps coming...
- Navy dolphins discover rare 19th-century torpedo
- IRS probe ignored most influential groups on...
- President Obama's agenda marches on despite...
- Mitt Romney talks IRS, AP records,... 60
- Attorney General Eric Holder says he... 21
- Journalists push back against Obama... 21
- Angry Orrin Hatch: IRS guilty of... 19
- IRS lacked 'sensitivity' in screenings... 17
- House chairman sees IRS targeting as... 16
- Angelina Jolie announcement leads to... 12
- President Obama walking a familiar path... 11