Another Minnesota acquisition, Andrei Kirilenko, was fading when he left Utah. Brandon Roy quit last year for a good reason. He had no knees.
The stats of older players almost always drop, whether it's field goal percentage (Bryant, Duncan), scoring and assists (Nash) or scoring and rebounding (Nowitzki). Those players shouldn't feel bad about it; just accept it.
I keep hearing the Jazz are young and talented. Now they can prove it. I can't think of a better way to do so than to pick on the old and infirm. That's what Sacramento did to the Jazz back at the end of the Stockton-Malone era.
I don't see the Jazz finishing ahead of teams like the Spurs, Lakers and Clippers. Nor do I see them missing the playoffs. They'll even win some games against the aforementioned teams, for one main reason: Just because something has a famous name and an array of luxury features doesn't mean it has a ton of miles left in the tank.
- Why one Mormon man left Hollywood to be a...
- Best and worst of the BYU, Utah and USU...
- BYU fan reflects: 6 lessons I learned at...
- High school football: 4A all-state teams
- High school football: 5A All-State teams
- NFL watch: How local players fared in week 14...
- Utah Jazz: Jazz forward Richard Jefferson...
- Mountain View hires former Timpview head...
- BYU football: Cougars to play... 104
- Crystal ball commentary: National... 99
- Utah football: Utah coach Kyle... 81
- Utah basketball: Utes rally to defeat... 68
- Florida St-Auburn title game to usher... 51
- Best and worst of the BYU, Utah and USU... 48
- Utah basketball: Runnin' Utes bounce... 43
- Former BYU star Jimmer Fredette likes... 34