On Oct. 26, we learned that during the seven-hour attack on our consulate in Benghazi on Sept. 11, at least three separate pleas for help were issued. Those who were in a position to respond were ordered to "stand down." Those at the CIA facility a mile away from the consulate had a visual sighting on those shooting mortar rounds at the consulate and could paint them with a laser to have them taken out. A Specter gunship was overhead. Marines were an hour away in Sicily. There was live video feed from the consulate. There were drones overhead providing live video feed.
Yet, the administration ordered people to not intervene.
Tyrone Woods and Glen Doherty were in the CIA facility and disobeyed orders to respond to the attack. Both lost their lives while assisting more than 30 people to escape from the consulate. Why are we not demanding answers to the "stand down" order from the administration?
Why is this not given front page coverage?
- Everything you need to know about the...
- Michael Gerson: Rand Paul's bogus outreach
- Join the discussion: Why is young adult...
- Letter: Utah's birthright
- My view: Utah's public education system:...
- Socratic observations — Politics are...
- Doug Robinson: So little time, so many...
- In our opinion: Salt Lake City should welcome...
- Robert Bennett: Contrary to Krugman,... 54
- Letter: Learn the Constitution 50
- In our opinion: Explaining editorial... 44
- Letter: Utah's birthright 35
- John Florez: Corporate or public... 31
- Letter: Whole story 28
- Join the discussion: Why is young adult... 25
- Join the discussion: Have local police... 24