On Oct. 26, we learned that during the seven-hour attack on our consulate in Benghazi on Sept. 11, at least three separate pleas for help were issued. Those who were in a position to respond were ordered to "stand down." Those at the CIA facility a mile away from the consulate had a visual sighting on those shooting mortar rounds at the consulate and could paint them with a laser to have them taken out. A Specter gunship was overhead. Marines were an hour away in Sicily. There was live video feed from the consulate. There were drones overhead providing live video feed.
Yet, the administration ordered people to not intervene.
Tyrone Woods and Glen Doherty were in the CIA facility and disobeyed orders to respond to the attack. Both lost their lives while assisting more than 30 people to escape from the consulate. Why are we not demanding answers to the "stand down" order from the administration?
Why is this not given front page coverage?
- Richard Davis: Can a Mormon not be a liberal?
- Jay Evensen: We're becoming a nation that...
- In our opinion: Utah gun law that canceled...
- Anne Loeser: Reverse trends about breast cancer
- Letter: Lessons for Greg Bell
- In our opinion: Dropouts face high risk of...
- My view: New treatment can cure Hepatitis C
- Letter: The Romneys' new center
- In our opinion: Utah gun law that... 150
- Richard Davis: Can a Mormon not be a... 69
- In our opinion: New conservative war on... 53
- In our opinion: Where has the family... 53
- Jay Evensen: We're becoming a nation... 38
- Letter: What is ‘common good?’ 31
- Robert Bennett: Former Defense... 29
- Letter: Lessons for Greg Bell 28