On Oct. 26, we learned that during the seven-hour attack on our consulate in Benghazi on Sept. 11, at least three separate pleas for help were issued. Those who were in a position to respond were ordered to "stand down." Those at the CIA facility a mile away from the consulate had a visual sighting on those shooting mortar rounds at the consulate and could paint them with a laser to have them taken out. A Specter gunship was overhead. Marines were an hour away in Sicily. There was live video feed from the consulate. There were drones overhead providing live video feed.
Yet, the administration ordered people to not intervene.
Tyrone Woods and Glen Doherty were in the CIA facility and disobeyed orders to respond to the attack. Both lost their lives while assisting more than 30 people to escape from the consulate. Why are we not demanding answers to the "stand down" order from the administration?
Why is this not given front page coverage?
- Why LDS Church's anti-discrimination stance...
- What one word best describes Barack Obama?
- In our opinion: Fix, don't repeal, Affordable...
- What The New York Times gets wrong about...
- 18 of the most heart warming and feel-good...
- Michael Gerson: America has enough problems...
- W. Bradford Wilcox: Yes, women and children...
- Letter: Antelope Island prison
- What The New York Times gets wrong... 82
- In our opinion: Fix, don't repeal,... 71
- Michael and Jenet Erickson: Utah... 50
- In our opinion: It's time to end the... 42
- Mike Lee: Tax reform shouldn't penalize... 38
- In our opinion: Fairness for all in... 37
- Jay Evensen: Will Obama visit Utah? Do... 37
- Why LDS Church's anti-discrimination... 28