On Oct. 26, we learned that during the seven-hour attack on our consulate in Benghazi on Sept. 11, at least three separate pleas for help were issued. Those who were in a position to respond were ordered to "stand down." Those at the CIA facility a mile away from the consulate had a visual sighting on those shooting mortar rounds at the consulate and could paint them with a laser to have them taken out. A Specter gunship was overhead. Marines were an hour away in Sicily. There was live video feed from the consulate. There were drones overhead providing live video feed.
Yet, the administration ordered people to not intervene.
Tyrone Woods and Glen Doherty were in the CIA facility and disobeyed orders to respond to the attack. Both lost their lives while assisting more than 30 people to escape from the consulate. Why are we not demanding answers to the "stand down" order from the administration?
Why is this not given front page coverage?
- In our opinion: U.S. needs immigration...
- Letter: Acting on immigration
- How America feels about Mitt Romney right now
- My view: Remembering JFK 51 years later
- Greg Bell: It's time to raise the gas tax
- In our opinion: 70 mph — driving at the...
- Michael Gerson: Obama’s executive order...
- In our opinion: Thankfully speaking —...
- In our opinion: U.S. needs immigration... 65
- Dan Liljenquist: Obamacare was a rude... 61
- Letter: Growing party divide 53
- Michael Gerson: Obama’s executive... 44
- How America feels about Mitt Romney... 40
- In our opinion: When it comes to... 40
- Letter: Acting on immigration 39
- My view: Global warming needs free market 26