On Oct. 26, we learned that during the seven-hour attack on our consulate in Benghazi on Sept. 11, at least three separate pleas for help were issued. Those who were in a position to respond were ordered to "stand down." Those at the CIA facility a mile away from the consulate had a visual sighting on those shooting mortar rounds at the consulate and could paint them with a laser to have them taken out. A Specter gunship was overhead. Marines were an hour away in Sicily. There was live video feed from the consulate. There were drones overhead providing live video feed.
Yet, the administration ordered people to not intervene.
Tyrone Woods and Glen Doherty were in the CIA facility and disobeyed orders to respond to the attack. Both lost their lives while assisting more than 30 people to escape from the consulate. Why are we not demanding answers to the "stand down" order from the administration?
Why is this not given front page coverage?
- Jay Evensen: Open wide and swallow your tax...
- In our opinion: SB296 bridges...
- Robert J. Samuelson: Net neutrality could...
- George F. Will: IRS continues to act in...
- Dan Liljenquist: Looking to the Supreme Court...
- Natalie Gochnour: The best of Utah...
- Letter: Political police work
- Letter: Why such controversy?
- Bob Bennett: Climate change question... 97
- Letter: Same stale air 48
- My view: Common Core tests erode... 41
- Letter: Mandated freedom 37
- In our opinion: SB296 bridges... 30
- Dan Liljenquist: Looking to the Supreme... 29
- In our opinion: Talking of tax reform... 28
- Letter: Who's against Healthy Utah? 28