'Colossal' superstorm Sandy hits landfall along East Coast; get live updates all evening
Alex Brandon, Associated Press
Superstorm Sandy barged ashore in southern New Jersey Monday evening, bringing 90-mph winds and a roiling wall of seawater as it moved inland and north toward New York City. The severe weather is affecting millions of people in 15 states spanning nearly 1,000 miles.
To stay on top of the latest, most recent news, here are five major news organization website links with continuous, live coverage of the superstorm.
The New York Times: Hurricane Sandy: Live updates
Huffington Post: Paul Douglas, Chief Meteorologist, 'WeatherNation TV' blog
U.S. News on NBCNews.com: Live updates on Hurricane Sandy
Here are links to other resources, information and how you can help:
» Main: www.redcross.org
» Donate: www.redcross.org/charitable-donations
» Utah Chapter: www.utahredcross.org
Social media links for the organization:
To help, make a donation by visiting www.redcross.org, calling 1-800-RED CROSS (1-800-733-2767) or visiting the social media links above. You can text the word REDCROSS to 90999 to make a $10 donation. Contributions may also be sent to the local Red Cross chapter or the American Red Cross, P.O. Box 37243, Washington, D.C. 20013.
View Red Cross locations in Hurricane Sandy pathway in a larger map
- 10 Things to See: A week of top AP photos
- Why Utahns are some of the biggest spenders,...
- 35 arrested in Oakland after protest march
- Rubber chickens, afros and clowns: A look at...
- Evangelicals with gay children challenging...
- These two things are helping California's...
- In Britain, US turkey dinner is big for business
- Immigration reform will boost the economy,...
- As Ferguson verdict is read, protesters... 70
- Grand jury won't indict Ferguson cop in... 30
- Obama: Americans want 'new car smell'... 29
- Ferguson businesses torched in... 17
- Under pressure, Hagel steps down as... 15
- Obama immigration plan good, not great... 13
- Obama heads to Chicago to pitch... 13
- Why Utahns are some of the biggest... 12