'Colossal' superstorm Sandy hits landfall along East Coast; get live updates all evening
Alex Brandon, Associated Press
Superstorm Sandy barged ashore in southern New Jersey Monday evening, bringing 90-mph winds and a roiling wall of seawater as it moved inland and north toward New York City. The severe weather is affecting millions of people in 15 states spanning nearly 1,000 miles.
To stay on top of the latest, most recent news, here are five major news organization website links with continuous, live coverage of the superstorm.
The New York Times: Hurricane Sandy: Live updates
Huffington Post: Paul Douglas, Chief Meteorologist, 'WeatherNation TV' blog
U.S. News on NBCNews.com: Live updates on Hurricane Sandy
Here are links to other resources, information and how you can help:
» Main: www.redcross.org
» Donate: www.redcross.org/charitable-donations
» Utah Chapter: www.utahredcross.org
Social media links for the organization:
To help, make a donation by visiting www.redcross.org, calling 1-800-RED CROSS (1-800-733-2767) or visiting the social media links above. You can text the word REDCROSS to 90999 to make a $10 donation. Contributions may also be sent to the local Red Cross chapter or the American Red Cross, P.O. Box 37243, Washington, D.C. 20013.
View Red Cross locations in Hurricane Sandy pathway in a larger map
- Polygamous Montana trio applies for wedding...
- 'A beautiful day' in Haiti: Early converts...
- Episcopal Church becomes third Protestant...
- 'You can see the jaw marks': Pleasant Grove...
- Winton's rescue of Jewish children revealed...
- In our opinion: Supreme Court ruling for...
- Religious leaders ponder next steps after...
- Did the news media show bias in its coverage...
- Polygamous Montana trio applies for... 112
- Oklahoma court: Ten Commandments... 53
- Religious schools and universities on... 48
- Episcopal Church becomes third... 44
- Dan Liljenquist: Time to relegate the... 26
- NBC to Donald Trump: You're fired 24
- Emails show top administration... 17
- U.S. Supreme Court overturns EPA's... 13