'Colossal' superstorm Sandy hits landfall along East Coast; get live updates all evening
Alex Brandon, Associated Press
Superstorm Sandy barged ashore in southern New Jersey Monday evening, bringing 90-mph winds and a roiling wall of seawater as it moved inland and north toward New York City. The severe weather is affecting millions of people in 15 states spanning nearly 1,000 miles.
To stay on top of the latest, most recent news, here are five major news organization website links with continuous, live coverage of the superstorm.
The New York Times: Hurricane Sandy: Live updates
Huffington Post: Paul Douglas, Chief Meteorologist, 'WeatherNation TV' blog
U.S. News on NBCNews.com: Live updates on Hurricane Sandy
Here are links to other resources, information and how you can help:
» Main: www.redcross.org
» Donate: www.redcross.org/charitable-donations
» Utah Chapter: www.utahredcross.org
Social media links for the organization:
To help, make a donation by visiting www.redcross.org, calling 1-800-RED CROSS (1-800-733-2767) or visiting the social media links above. You can text the word REDCROSS to 90999 to make a $10 donation. Contributions may also be sent to the local Red Cross chapter or the American Red Cross, P.O. Box 37243, Washington, D.C. 20013.
View Red Cross locations in Hurricane Sandy pathway in a larger map
- Lindsey Stirling reflects on global audience,...
- The Rohingyas: A look into one of the world's...
- The 10 best cities in America for job seekers...
- Extreme education makeover: Are the...
- John Nash, the mathematician who inspired 'A...
- Boy Scouts' leader says ban on gay adults not...
- Ohio patrolman acquitted in shooting deaths...
- Veterans frustrated by presidential debate on...
- Boy Scouts' leader says ban on gay... 167
- Congressional delegation not impressing... 32
- Obama: Climate change deniers endanger... 28
- Clinton: GOP threatening small-business... 19
- Ireland has voted to legalize gay... 16
- Sen. Orrin Hatch calls HBO story on... 14
- Lindsey Stirling reflects on global... 13
- David Letterman leaves late night with... 12