'Colossal' superstorm Sandy hits landfall along East Coast; get live updates all evening
Alex Brandon, Associated Press
Superstorm Sandy barged ashore in southern New Jersey Monday evening, bringing 90-mph winds and a roiling wall of seawater as it moved inland and north toward New York City. The severe weather is affecting millions of people in 15 states spanning nearly 1,000 miles.
To stay on top of the latest, most recent news, here are five major news organization website links with continuous, live coverage of the superstorm.
The New York Times: Hurricane Sandy: Live updates
Huffington Post: Paul Douglas, Chief Meteorologist, 'WeatherNation TV' blog
U.S. News on NBCNews.com: Live updates on Hurricane Sandy
Here are links to other resources, information and how you can help:
» Main: www.redcross.org
» Donate: www.redcross.org/charitable-donations
» Utah Chapter: www.utahredcross.org
Social media links for the organization:
To help, make a donation by visiting www.redcross.org, calling 1-800-RED CROSS (1-800-733-2767) or visiting the social media links above. You can text the word REDCROSS to 90999 to make a $10 donation. Contributions may also be sent to the local Red Cross chapter or the American Red Cross, P.O. Box 37243, Washington, D.C. 20013.
View Red Cross locations in Hurricane Sandy pathway in a larger map
- Vegas’ water drying up
- Photo gallery: Celebrating Easter across the...
- Teen stowaway shows holes in vast airport...
- Costa Rican a celebrity after certified miracle
- Grieving borrowers told to repay student loan
- Supreme Court upholds Michigan's affirmative...
- Summer movie preview: Hollywood bets big again
- Harry Potter fans: Hogwarts is offering...
- Affordable Care Act only chips away at... 25
- Get married, stay married? No fault... 19
- Public smoke-out marks pot holiday in... 12
- Judge: Indiana hasn't given valid... 12
- Supreme Court upholds Michigan's... 12
- Some countries get Obama, but want his... 11
- Democrats eye 15 cities for 2016... 10
- Grieving borrowers told to repay... 9