Brad Rock: Rock on: How to keep Paul Millsap on the Jazz roster
After being cut in August, former Utah State tight end Chris Cooley is back with the Washington Redskins.
He was signed after injuries thinned the ranks. Among his contract demands: a case of beer.
Though the request was denied, it did open up areas for contract considerations with other athletes. For instance, sources say the Jazz are hoping to extend Paul Millsap's contract by offering two Slurpees and a jumbo bag of Skittles.
TIMING IS ALL
Wyoming football coach Dave Christensen received a one-week suspension and $50,000 fine for his profane postgame rant at Air Force coach Troy Calhoun on Oct.13.
The incident ironically occurred as Wyoming was celebrating "Military Appreciation Day."
Perhaps that explains why the Cowboys don't play at BYU on LDS conference weekend.
Just in time for election week, New Era Cap Co. has revealed its latest brainstorm: political ball caps.
Customers can choose between the red Republican cap with an elephant on the crown, or the blue Democrat hat with a donkey.
Yes, they're silly, annoying and garish.
But in a country that accommodates the Batavia Muck Dogs and Hickory Crawdads, is anyone likely to notice?
Denver Broncos executive John Elway has endorsed Mitt Romney for president.
Seems he always did like going deep to the right corner.
A man in South Carolina was arrested last month for posing as a physician.
Rock On sources say police are questioning Steve Spurrier, who is suspected of taking full credit for nursing the Gamecocks' program back to full health.
Former Dodger manager Tommy Lasorda says he wants the team's schedule attached to his headstone when he dies.
Word is he also plans to list the Kings, Angels, Clippers and Lakers schedules in his five-man rotation.
Gaylord Perry threw out the first pitch for Game 1 of the World Series.
Sources say the Giants used the leftover grease to service the amusement rides at AT&T Park.
Since last week was Worldwide Bash Lance Armstrong Week, the New York Marathon is looking into stripping him of his 868th-place finish in the 2006 race.
Things are so bad that sources say Armstrong is also in danger of having his Smith's Fresh Value card revoked.
A POLITICAL RACE
A poll last month said Barack Obama was leading Mitt Romney among NASCAR fans, 49 percent to 40 percent.
No word on how many of those voters intended to scratch an "X" on their ballot in place of a signature.
- Amy Donaldson: Former BYU QB Jake Heaps'...
- Video: Brandon Davies busts a move in...
- Morning links: New BYU commit's late father...
- German center Tibor Pleiss in town to talk...
- Tyler Haws to play with Cleveland Cavaliers...
- Rose: BYU's Collinsworth focused on improving...
- Why is William Penn, a Quaker university in...
- Dick Harmon: BYU's retired AD Glen Tuckett...
- Peavler: Why we can't stop talking... 58
- Morning links: BYU the best option for... 52
- Dick Harmon: Mendenhall opens up about... 49
- Amy Donaldson: Former BYU QB Jake... 42
- Morning links: New BYU commit's late... 25
- Dick Harmon: BYU's retired AD Glen... 23
- NBA draft: Utah Jazz select Trey Lyles... 22
- NBA draft: Utes' Delon Wright selected... 17