Obamacare is much in the news lately, but I do not feel it is the answer to the medical question. The answer, I feel, is employers.
My wife recently died after a year long battle with cancer. Her employer Stampin' Up had coverage through Select Health, and between the both of them they made a very difficult year almost hassle free. The personal attention and caring was well above what we expected. If we had coverage through a government mandated program, swamped with cases and run by overloaded and under caring bureaucrats, it would have been a year full of red tape and extreme hassles.
The answer is not to force a program on everyone, but to teach companies that if you treat your employees with fairness you will received benefits 10 fold.
Let's not trade personal service for a number on a balance sheet.
- In our opinion: Aging without a family
- Charles Krauthammer: U.S. refuses to support...
- Frank Pignanelli & LaVarr Webb: What's to be...
- Letter: Doctors unite
- Kathleen Parker: The GOP's toxic messaging
- Michael E. Kraft: Yes, Congress should move...
- My view: Utah needs to expand Medicaid
- Andrew Morriss: No, Congress should not move...