Utah Jazz basketball: Team chemistry, young talent have Jazz brimming with optimism
The Jazz have also made a big push on, well, making a big push in the transition game. That attack-mode offense has paid dividends in the preseason, and it helps to have wings like Hayward, Williams, Burks and Foye who can handle the ball and race down court.
Hayward said it's "impressed" him how well the Jazz have played in transition.
"We've gotten a lot more easy baskets," he said, "and we're going to have to continue to do that if we want to be successful."
There will be challenges, of course. An already loaded Western Conference seemingly got even tougher, beginning with the additions of Dwight Howard with the Lakers and Andre Iguodala in Denver.
But the Jazz feel good about where they are and who they have. They haven't suffered injuries to key players like Minnesota (Kevin Love and Ricky Rubio) and Dallas (Dirk Nowitzki) have, either.
So far, so good for the ever-optimistic Corbin, coming out of his first full training camp since replacing Hall of Fame coach Jerry Sloan midway through the 2010-11 campaign.
"I'd like to get off to a good start. I think we've worked and grown from the beginning of training camp until now," he said. "We're looking forward to a good season, and getting off to a good start would get us in the right place early to continue to run throughout the year."
Jazz players feel confident that could happen.
"I think Coach do a great job getting the guys involved, learning and drilling offense in our head," Jefferson said. "I'm just happy that it worked out the way that it did."
Now Big Al just hopes he can play with his friends — and win with them, too.
- Dick Harmon: Aggies will give BYU best shot...
- Utah State denies David Collette's release,...
- BYU holds on for tougher-than-expected 75-68...
- Jazz beat Clippers 102-91 to snap 13-game...
- Cougars set to face Aggie QB Keeton in his...
- Mangum 'humbled' to be BYU's quarterback,...
- Utah State students plan a 'beard out' for...
- Former Ute Delon Wright, former Cougar Jimmer...
- BYU expecting a 'dogfight' in Logan... 57
- Utes fall to No. 23 in playoff... 49
- College football: Utes hanging on in... 45
- Morning links: Beehive State coaches on... 41
- Utes lost more than just a game on... 38
- Twitter reacts to Utes' offensive... 35
- BYU holds on for tougher-than-expected... 32
- Doug Robinson: It's the same old sad... 31