Utah Utes football: Utes get offense going in second quarter, lead Cal 28-6 at halftime
Jeffrey D. Allred, Deseret News
The Utah offense started slow, but finally put together two long drives in the second quarter to extend a lead over California, 28-6.
The final Ute drive of the half was led by running backs Kelvin York and John White, who end the half with a combined 66 total rushing yards.
Utah quarterback Travis Wilson has only thrown for 56 yards, however he has also rushed for 22 yards and one touchdown.
California is led by WR Richard Rogers who caught one pass for a 51 yard gain.
The Ute defense has been immaculate by keeping the Golden Bears out of the end zone. They also recovered a fumble for a touchdown and Ryan Lacy came away with an interception.
The highlight of the first half for Utah came on the first kick return of the game when Reggie Dunn had a 100-yard return for a touchdown.
- Hamson and Gray step up big to get BYU past...
- Dick Harmon: How a simple decision in the...
- Jimmer & Jimbo: As one pursues a steady role,...
- Lone Peak guard Frank Jackson drops...
- BYU focusing on bowl game while players'...
- Ranking the biggest bowl games in University...
- BYU defensive back transferring to Utah State
- Stewart has brought back an identity —...
- 4-star offensive line commit Kieffer... 68
- BYU has something to prove, looking to... 61
- BYU football: Cougars in talks with... 55
- BYU defensive back transferring to Utah... 51
- BYU sells close to 2,000 tickets for... 39
- Hamson and Gray step up big to get BYU... 37
- Ute football team has boots on the... 33
- Dick Harmon: BYU guard Tyler Haws the... 31