Utah Utes football: Utes get offense going in second quarter, lead Cal 28-6 at halftime
Jeffrey D. Allred, Deseret News
The Utah offense started slow, but finally put together two long drives in the second quarter to extend a lead over California, 28-6.
The final Ute drive of the half was led by running backs Kelvin York and John White, who end the half with a combined 66 total rushing yards.
Utah quarterback Travis Wilson has only thrown for 56 yards, however he has also rushed for 22 yards and one touchdown.
California is led by WR Richard Rogers who caught one pass for a 51 yard gain.
The Ute defense has been immaculate by keeping the Golden Bears out of the end zone. They also recovered a fumble for a touchdown and Ryan Lacy came away with an interception.
The highlight of the first half for Utah came on the first kick return of the game when Reggie Dunn had a 100-yard return for a touchdown.
- Former BYU running back Luke Staley paying a...
- Morning links: Bronson Kaufusi could be on...
- Dick Harmon: Sitake is taking advantage of...
- Free agent roundup: Where local prospects are...
- For some Jazz players, their future is up in...
- Utah State football: Offensive lineman Tyshon...
- Bronco-bound Booker is Utah's only NFL draftee
- 41-year-old mom looking to join U.S. team,...
- Former BYU running back Luke Staley... 111
- Bronco-bound Booker is Utah's only NFL... 74
- Big 12 would be better off expanding,... 44
- Guest commentary: BYU football and... 39
- BYU's Kaufusi, selected in 3rd round of... 32
- Former BYU quarterback Jake Heaps signs... 27
- Having freshman QBs is a mixed bag for... 23
- Report: Utah's Poeltl, Weber State's... 22