Utah Utes football: Utes get offense going in second quarter, lead Cal 28-6 at halftime
Jeffrey D. Allred, Deseret News
The Utah offense started slow, but finally put together two long drives in the second quarter to extend a lead over California, 28-6.
The final Ute drive of the half was led by running backs Kelvin York and John White, who end the half with a combined 66 total rushing yards.
Utah quarterback Travis Wilson has only thrown for 56 yards, however he has also rushed for 22 yards and one touchdown.
California is led by WR Richard Rogers who caught one pass for a 51 yard gain.
The Ute defense has been immaculate by keeping the Golden Bears out of the end zone. They also recovered a fumble for a touchdown and Ryan Lacy came away with an interception.
The highlight of the first half for Utah came on the first kick return of the game when Reggie Dunn had a 100-yard return for a touchdown.
- Why one Mormon man left Hollywood to be a...
- Best and worst of the BYU, Utah and USU...
- High school football: 5A All-State teams
- High school football: 4A all-state teams
- Utah Jazz: Jazz forward Richard Jefferson...
- High school football: East's Ula Tolutau...
- High school football: 2013 Deseret News MVPs...
- BYU fan reflects: 6 lessons I learned at...
- BYU football: Cougars to play... 105
- Crystal ball commentary: National... 97
- Utah football: Utah coach Kyle... 79
- Utah basketball: Utes rally to defeat... 64
- Florida St-Auburn title game to usher... 50
- Dick Harmon: How would BYU's Taysom... 49
- Best and worst of the BYU, Utah and USU... 47
- Utah basketball: Runnin' Utes bounce... 43