Utah Utes football: Utes get offense going in second quarter, lead Cal 28-6 at halftime
Jeffrey D. Allred, Deseret News
The Utah offense started slow, but finally put together two long drives in the second quarter to extend a lead over California, 28-6.
The final Ute drive of the half was led by running backs Kelvin York and John White, who end the half with a combined 66 total rushing yards.
Utah quarterback Travis Wilson has only thrown for 56 yards, however he has also rushed for 22 yards and one touchdown.
California is led by WR Richard Rogers who caught one pass for a 51 yard gain.
The Ute defense has been immaculate by keeping the Golden Bears out of the end zone. They also recovered a fumble for a touchdown and Ryan Lacy came away with an interception.
The highlight of the first half for Utah came on the first kick return of the game when Reggie Dunn had a 100-yard return for a touchdown.
- The 16 most interesting college lists...
- Former Utah basketball player spreads hope...
- Peavler: Tom Holmoe deserves credit after ACC...
- Lone Peak guard, former BYU commit Jackson,...
- Austin Collie signs with CFL's BC Lions,...
- Doug Robinson: What might have been for the...
- BYU basketball: Cougars shake up starting...
- BYU holds on for 78-74 win over San Francisco
- Timpview standout, 2014 Mr. Football... 66
- Peavler: Tom Holmoe deserves credit... 66
- Report: ACC changes stance, now... 60
- Utah secures commitments from two of... 39
- Morning links: Utes land a local... 36
- Dick Harmon: BYU basketball must make... 35
- Dick Harmon: BYU hoops should start... 35
- Guest commentary: Hey, BYU basketball,... 34