EPHRAIM — The Snow College Badgers ran their record to 8-1 with a dominating 48-3 win over the Eastern Arizona Gila Monsters on Saturday. The tenth-ranked Badgers exploded for 24 points in the second quarter, thanks in part to a pair of Breon Allen scoring runs, to put the game out of reach before halftime.
Allen, who's second in the nation with an average of 152 rushing yards per game, finished with 172 yards on 24 carries. He sat out much of the second half.
Snow finished with 501 yards of total offense—261 on the ground and 240 through the air. Quarterback Christian Stewart balanced out Allen's running with 13-of-20 passing and three touchdown passes—one to tight end Evan Moeai two minutes before halftime, and two to wide receiver Damond Powell in the third quarter.
SIMON FRASER 58, DIXIE STATE 47: at ST. GEORGE, Griff Robles threw for a season-high 339 yards and accounted for six touchdowns, but more than 500 yards of total offense was not enough for Dixie State as they dropped a shootout to Simon Fraser, 58-47. Dixie State fell to 3-6 overall and 3-5 in the GNAC.
- Utah Jazz: A look at each player's contract...
- Dick Harmon: The Mangum brothers are a...
- Salt Lake marathon is first win for Lehi...
- Utah's second spring scrimmage is 'a dead heat'
- Doug Robinson: The high cost of coaches
- Utah gymnastics: Red Rocks finish second to...
- Optimism abounds for the Utah Jazz's future
- BYU rugby cruises past Central Washington,...
- Former BYU star Ena fitting in well at... 76
- Morning links: Krystkowiak shares his... 32
- Rose still has lofty goals for BYU's... 30
- Dick Harmon: Careers of Aaron... 25
- Mountain West Conference announces... 22
- Morning links: Booker ends the year... 17
- Video: Utah football coaches revved up... 16
- 3 Utes, 1 Aggie and 1 Cougar selected... 14