EPHRAIM — The Snow College Badgers ran their record to 8-1 with a dominating 48-3 win over the Eastern Arizona Gila Monsters on Saturday. The tenth-ranked Badgers exploded for 24 points in the second quarter, thanks in part to a pair of Breon Allen scoring runs, to put the game out of reach before halftime.
Allen, who's second in the nation with an average of 152 rushing yards per game, finished with 172 yards on 24 carries. He sat out much of the second half.
Snow finished with 501 yards of total offense—261 on the ground and 240 through the air. Quarterback Christian Stewart balanced out Allen's running with 13-of-20 passing and three touchdown passes—one to tight end Evan Moeai two minutes before halftime, and two to wide receiver Damond Powell in the third quarter.
SIMON FRASER 58, DIXIE STATE 47: at ST. GEORGE, Griff Robles threw for a season-high 339 yards and accounted for six touchdowns, but more than 500 yards of total offense was not enough for Dixie State as they dropped a shootout to Simon Fraser, 58-47. Dixie State fell to 3-6 overall and 3-5 in the GNAC.
- Jazz knock off Thunder in emotional game with...
- BYU defense has ‘a long ways to go’
- Former Jazz big man Enes Kanter goes off,...
- Utah State set to hire assistant Tim Duryea...
- Brad Rock: The unforgettable Hot Rod Hundley
- Photo gallery: BYU rugby blanks Utah State in...
- 5 things you may have missed at BYU...
- Dick Harmon: Nomadic hoops coach Tony Ingle...
- A not-so-Sweet 16 for the Runnin' Utes... 123
- Former Jazz big man Enes Kanter goes... 38
- Brad Rock: Utes shouldn't feel bad, in... 34
- Can Utes turn Sweet 16 dance into date... 28
- Utes went down swinging in Sweet 16... 27
- BYU defense has ‘a long ways to... 24
- Home games on the Sabbath: RSL... 22
- Jazz knock off Thunder in emotional... 21