EPHRAIM — The Snow College Badgers ran their record to 8-1 with a dominating 48-3 win over the Eastern Arizona Gila Monsters on Saturday. The tenth-ranked Badgers exploded for 24 points in the second quarter, thanks in part to a pair of Breon Allen scoring runs, to put the game out of reach before halftime.
Allen, who's second in the nation with an average of 152 rushing yards per game, finished with 172 yards on 24 carries. He sat out much of the second half.
Snow finished with 501 yards of total offense—261 on the ground and 240 through the air. Quarterback Christian Stewart balanced out Allen's running with 13-of-20 passing and three touchdown passes—one to tight end Evan Moeai two minutes before halftime, and two to wide receiver Damond Powell in the third quarter.
SIMON FRASER 58, DIXIE STATE 47: at ST. GEORGE, Griff Robles threw for a season-high 339 yards and accounted for six touchdowns, but more than 500 yards of total offense was not enough for Dixie State as they dropped a shootout to Simon Fraser, 58-47. Dixie State fell to 3-6 overall and 3-5 in the GNAC.
- 16 Mormon pop culture moments from 2014-15
- Haws breaks all-time scoring record in 1st...
- 15 signs that you're addicted to your Fitbit
- High school basketball tournaments: Pairings,...
- 4A boys state tournament central: Live...
- 20 questions: How well do you know Tyler...
- Haws' teammates marvel at his BYU scoring record
- Brad Rock: Utes have something to brag about...
- Too many turnovers, not enough baskets... 114
- Peavler: BYU and Utah would both be... 90
- Holmoe talks about bowl brawl... 81
- Dick Harmon: Holmoe's outward interest... 56
- Utah falls to No. 13 in AP poll;... 43
- Utes bounce back, blast Sun Devils 38
- Dick Harmon: Putting Haws' impending... 37
- Morning links: Utah coaching job... 30