EPHRAIM — The Snow College Badgers ran their record to 8-1 with a dominating 48-3 win over the Eastern Arizona Gila Monsters on Saturday. The tenth-ranked Badgers exploded for 24 points in the second quarter, thanks in part to a pair of Breon Allen scoring runs, to put the game out of reach before halftime.
Allen, who's second in the nation with an average of 152 rushing yards per game, finished with 172 yards on 24 carries. He sat out much of the second half.
Snow finished with 501 yards of total offense—261 on the ground and 240 through the air. Quarterback Christian Stewart balanced out Allen's running with 13-of-20 passing and three touchdown passes—one to tight end Evan Moeai two minutes before halftime, and two to wide receiver Damond Powell in the third quarter.
SIMON FRASER 58, DIXIE STATE 47: at ST. GEORGE, Griff Robles threw for a season-high 339 yards and accounted for six touchdowns, but more than 500 yards of total offense was not enough for Dixie State as they dropped a shootout to Simon Fraser, 58-47. Dixie State fell to 3-6 overall and 3-5 in the GNAC.
- Past few days 'difficult' for former...
- Defending champ Serena Williams at Wimbledon...
- Chile wins 2nd straight Copa America title as...
- Messi's retirement from Argentina could hurt...
- Most common names of NBA players this season
- Injured Lochte plows ahead in 200 free at US...
- Djokovic beat James Ward to open bid for 5th...
- Durant, Anthony lead US Olympic basketball team
- Kalani Sitake on BYU-Utah rivalry: 'I... 81
- Sitake not intimidated by BYU's arduous... 59
- Morning links: Colin Cowherd compares... 59
- Dick Harmon: 1996 Cotton Bowl champion... 51
- Morning Links: BYU basketball fans... 44
- Sitake making transition from longtime... 20
- Utes have a lot of depth on the... 18
- Utah football: Williams, McCormick... 18