College roundup: SUU graduate and 2012 Olympian Cameron Levins still in running for 'The Bowerman'
CEDAR CITY — Southern Utah graduate and 2012 Olympian Cameron Levins continues as a finalist for the prestigious track & field award The Bowerman, having been voted the fan-favorite to win on the men's side.
Levins entered the running for The Bowerman, named in honor of Oregon coach Bill Bowerman, after doubling as NCAA outdoor national champion in the 5K and 10K.
BYU SWIMMING: At Provo, the BYU women's swimming and diving team fell to the University of California 158-118 Friday night at the Richards Building Pool.
Hailey Campbell, Kassandra Bispo, Kimberly Welch Doroghian and Taryn Toolson Lewis finished one one-hundreths of a second behind Cal in the 200 medley relay to finish second with a time of 1:44.79.
Alia Welsh took fourth place in the 200 free with a time of 1:55.56. In the 100 back, Campbell finished in second place with a time of 57.12. In the 100 breast, Bispo finished second with a time of 1:04.40.
Dayna Christensen swept the 1-meter and the 3-meter dives. Londyn Clawson took second in the 200 breast with a time of 2:21.66. In the 100 free, Bennion finished with a time of 53.69. Doroghian had a time of 56.34 in the 100 fly. The Cougars placed fourth in the 400 free relay with a time of 3:34.15 to round out the meet.
UTAH VOLLEYBALL: At Salt Lake City, Erin Redd turned in 12 kills without an error on 17 attempts for a career-high .706 hitting percentage to help the Utes to a 3-1 win over Oregon State (25-20, 25-12, 19-25, 25-18).
- New Rome mayor maintains opposition to 2024...
- Former NBA MVP Derrick Rose traded from Bulls...
- NHL coming to Las Vegas; New team to start...
- Massive crowd engulfs Cleveland, champion...
- Chile beats Colombia 2-0 to return to Copa...
- Ben Simmons, Brandon Ingram and intrigue...
- 24-team Euro 2016 a wacky success
- Nevada gambling regulators to weigh new...
- Morning links: Athlon ranks Utah FBS... 89
- Never on Sunday: BYU won't compete on... 78
- Utah Jazz to acquire Indiana Pacers PG... 37
- U. stadium gets bigger scoreboard,... 29
- Morning links: ESPN analysts critical... 27
- Utah basketball: Poeltl taken by... 16
- Brad Rock: Jazz move up playoff... 14
- Families grapple with the pressure to... 14