Muslims observe Islamic holiday of sacrifice in West Valley City
Event commemorates faithfulness of Abraham
A pediatric anesthesiologist, Masud says he tries to make his interactions with patients and co-workers more meaningful. "When I go into work and say, 'Good morning' to 10 people, are those words meaningful? Do I really care?" he said of the questions he asks himself to make sure his expressions toward others are sincere.
Masud participated in Hajj with his siblings who live in Canada. He would like to take his wife and children in the future, so they can share the profound experience.
"It opened my eyes that in the house of God there is no discrimination," he said of the pilgrimage. "Despite all the sectarian violence between Sunni and Shia, everybody prays together. There is a very strong sense of unity. They leave their differences with their slippers at the door. This was very inspiring for me to see."
- Search for Susan Cox Powell is over, West...
- 'We're here to serve all boys,' Utah Scout...
- S.L. draws up airport plans
- Warrants issued for 3 suspects in beating...
- Frances Monson, wife of LDS prophet, passes away
- XanGo co-founder accuses partners of...
- Former Jazzman Thurl Bailey named ambassador...
- Two more guns seized at Salt Lake City...
- Frances Monson, wife of LDS prophet,... 66
- Mia Love announces she's officially... 42
- GOP delegates reject changes to... 31
- XanGo co-founder accuses partners of... 22
- S.L. draws up airport plans 21
- Search for Susan Cox Powell is over,... 17
- 'We're here to serve all boys,' Utah... 16
- Utah facing $1.2 billion-dollar water... 11