High school football: Playoff roundup from Friday evening's games

Published: Friday, Oct. 26 2012 9:00 p.m. MDT

TIMPVIEW 49, LOGAN 14: Timpview quarterback Jake Lloyd threw four touchdown passes Friday afternoon, and rushed for another to help the visiting team advance past the 4A first round. Dax Raymond caught all four Lloyd TD passes, and also managed to score a two-point conversion. Logan QB Luke Falk had a pair of TD passes in the loss.

WOODS CROSS 35, WESTLAKE 0: Skyler Farnes passed for two touchdown and rushed for another, and Sean Barton rushed for 115 yards as Woods Cross easily advanced to the 4A quarterfinals. The Wildcats held Westlake to just 76 yards of total offense.

BOX ELDER 20, MAPLE MOUNTAIN 0: Shad Watson connected with McKay Parrish for the first Box Elder score, and called his own number on the next TD with a five-yard dash to the end zone. Kyler Allen scored the final Box Elder TD with a 3-yard run, and the Bees managed all 20 points in the second quarter to advance in the 4A Playoffs.


MORGAN 30, JUDGE MEMORIAL 0: K.T. Tibbitts returned the opening kickoff for Morgan, setting the pace for a blowout victory at home. Tibbits caught a Ben Saunders pass for a receiving touchdown, while Lantzen Toomer added two rushing scores to the Morgan shutout.

SPANISH FORK 26, PINE VIEW 21: Spanish Fork got off to a great start, when Colton Olsen took a interception return 24-yards for the Dons first touchdown. Jason Money heaved a pair of TD passes, while Braxton Argyle managed to find pay dirt twice on the ground. Pine View rallied behind two Prentiss Miller TDs, but Cameron Money caught a 34-yard reception on fourth-and-seven to seal the victory.

DESERT HILLS 48, PAYSON 21: Ty Rutledge had three rushing touchdowns, and threw a pair of TDs to help Desert Hills get past Payson in the first round of the 3A Playoffs. Bridger Cowdin carried the ball into the end zone twice for the Thunder. Devan Judd had three passing scores in the Payson loss.

BEAR RIVER 36, WASATCH 6: Bear River quarterback Kyle Zundel carried the ball 26 times for 188 yards and four touchdowns to lead the visiting Bears to the dominant victory over Wasatch. The Bears built a 36-0 lead before Wasatch managed to score a late touchdown. Jermaine Selman added 164 yards on the ground with his 21 carries.

HURRICANE 35, DELTA 0: Adam Thompson had five carries for 88 yards, and rushed for three touchdowns as Hurricane played stingy defense for all four quarter to punch its ticket to the 3A quarterfinals. Back-up quarterback Adlai Elison went 3-for-3 with 118 yards and tossed two touchdowns in the Tiger victory, one to Jared Edwards and one to Keanu Stevenson.

JUAN DIEGO 34, GRANTSVILLE 0: Juan Diego blew out visiting Grantsville in the first round of the 3A playoffs to stay undefeated on the season. Nick Markosian threw for 148 yards passing and two touchdowns while Chase Williams added 93 rushing yards and two touchdowns, as well as a TD reception. Jesse Springer helped Williams on the ground, rushing for 74 yards and a touchdown.

STANSBURY 60, UNION 26: Chase Christiansen had a pair of rushing touchdowns, and Stansbury compiled a 57-14 advantage at the half to easily advance in the 3A Playoffs. Chandler Staley and Darius Johnson each had a pair of Stansbury rushing touchdowns in the blowout victory at home, as the Stallions improved to 11-0.

DIXIE 35, NORTH SANPETE 6: Dixie dominated the second quarter, scoring their first three touchdowns. The Darts QB Blake Barney completed 15 of 22 passes for 218 yards, and also rushed for 92 total yards. Andy Appel had 44 total receiving yards in the 3A Playoff victory.


MANTI 38, BEAVER 7: Manti got help from everyone Friday night, picking up touchdowns from five different players in the blowout victory in the 2A quarterfinals. The Templars had 127 yards rushing, with 208 yards passing to down the visiting team. Manti held Millard to less than 50 yards rushing in the 2A Playoffs.

GRAND 48, MILLARD 33: Grand led the entire way and pulled away for good in the final two minutes after Millard missed a two-point conversion attempt that would've tied the game at 35-35 with under three minutes remaining. Wesley Rodda increased the lead to 41-33 with his second TD reception of the game a few plays later, and then Aaron Randall tacked on an interception for a touchdown to seal the victory.