Letter: This Halloween, be afraid, but not afraid of registering to be an organ donor
Photos Courtesy Intermountain Donor Services
This Halloween, if you haven't said yes to organ donation, be afraid, very afraid.
Many of us think about really scary things at Halloween — like mummies, witches and zombies. But what could be more frightening than a group of 30 mothers prepared to fight the myths and misconceptions about donation. Their protective instincts drive them to help those waiting for a life saving transplant.
This fall, Intermountain Donor Services is partnering with a group of moms whose children have either had a transplant or are waiting for lifesaving transplants. They are The MOD Squad (Mothers for Organ Donation), and they are out to bust myths about organ donation and break a few heads of those who won't listen to reason.
If you think you can't be a donor because you have diabetes, they will set you straight, because you can still be an organ donor.
Don't exclude yourself from organ donation because you couldn't donate blood. That is not a rule out. Think you are too old to donate? Think again. You can be an organ donor up to the age of 80.
These ladies won't take no for an answer, so be warned. To help keep the MOD Squad from tracking you down, go to www.yesutah.org to get the facts and sign up now. You don't want to make these mommas mad.
Intermountain Donor Services
Salt Lake City
- Kathleen Parker: The GOP's toxic messaging
- In our opinion:: Nelson Mandela left legacy...
- In our opinion: Earmarks are becoming a...
- Letter: Elected representatives
- In our opinion: U.S. schools still separate...
- If Iran truly wants only nuclear energy, it...
- George F. Will: Why Iran should be contained
- Kathleen Parker: The GOP's toxic messaging 48
- In our opinion: U.S. schools still... 43
- Robert J. Samuelson: Economics lacks... 40
- Charles Krauthammer: The real problem... 37
- Letter: Preventative care 29
- Robert Bennett: 'Nuclear option' ends... 27
- Letter: Elected representatives 19
- George F. Will: Why Iran should be... 18