David Goldman, ASSOCIATED PRESS
BYU (4-4) at Georgia Tech (3-4)
Saturday, 1 p.m., MT
Bobby Dodd Stadium (55,000)
TV: ROOT Sports
Radio: 1160 AM, 102.7 FM
Weather: Temperatures in the low 70s, cloudy skies, 10 percent chance of rain
For Georgia Tech . . . The Yellow Jackets are looking to continue their momentum after snapping a three-game losing streak last week against Boston College. Georgia Tech needs three more victories to be bowl-eligible.
For BYU . . . The Cougars are riding a two-game losing streak and looking for their first road win this season. It marks their final game this season against a team from a BCS conference.
For Georgia Tech . . . The Yellow Jackets allow an average of 13 points per game in their three wins. However, they allow 40 points in their four losses.
For BYU . . . The Cougars are 0-4 against Atlantic Coast Conference opponents under coach Bronco Mendenhall.
Georgia Tech will win if . . . it can force BYU's offense to make mistakes and hold on to the ball for long stretches.
BYU will win if . . . it avoids turnovers, is able to finish drives and slow down Georgia Tech's prolific rushing offense.
PLAYER TO WATCH
RILEY NELSON, BYU: The senior quarterback leads a Cougar offense that has struggled holding on to the ball and scoring points. Can Nelson roll up passing yardage against a Georgia Tech defense that has been vulnerable at times this season?
BYU'S DEFENSE vs. GEORGIA TECH'S OPTION: The Cougars are No. 8 in the nation against the run, but they face a Yellow Jacket offense that is No. 3 in the nation in rushing.
Georgia Tech: Tackle Will Jackson (shoulder) is questionable. Kicker David Scully (hip) is questionable.
BYU: Center Braden Hansen is out 2-4 weeks with a groin injury. Safety Mike Hague (calf) is questionable.
Next Saturday, Georgia Tech visits Maryland. BYU has a bye.
(All times Mountain)
Aug. 30 BYU 30, Washington State 6
Sept. 8 BYU 45, Weber State 13
Sept. 15 Utah 24, BYU 21
Sept. 20 Boise State 7, BYU 6
Sept. 28 BYU 47, Hawaii 0 (8:15 p.m., ESPN)
Oct. 5 BYU 6, Utah State 3
Oct. 13 Oregon State 42, BYU 24
Oct. 20 Notre Dame 17, BYU 14
Oct. 27 at Georgia Tech (1 p.m., MT, TBA)
Nov. 10 vs. Idaho (TBD, TBD)
Nov. 17 at San Jose State (2 p.m., TBA)
Nov. 24 at New Mexico State (1:30 p.m., TBA)
- Utes leave the Big House with a large win, 26-10
- BYU football: Virginia disappointed but...
- BYU moves up to No. 20/21 in the AP and...
- Dick Harmon: Virginia tries for upset, but...
- Sunday morning quarterback: Stars and stats...
- Big plays lift No. 21 BYU past Virginia
- Brad Rock: Utah's Travis Wilson needs another...
- Sorensen: Rare for both BYU and Utah to be...
- Utes leave the Big House with a large... 86
- Brad Rock: LaVell, McBride not OK with... 75
- Big plays lift No. 21 BYU past Virginia 51
- Utah football enemy camp: 5 questions... 46
- Go long? So far, deep passes not a big... 40
- 7 reasons why the BYU Cougars will go... 36
- BYU moves up to No. 20/21 in the AP and... 35
- Dick Harmon: Utes, Aggies, Cougars have... 33