Faith, family values important to both presidential candidates
Charlie Neibergall, Associated Press
Our Take: Regardless of which candidate takes office next year, a family man will lead the country for the next four years. Both President Obama and Mitt Romney have proven their dedication to their families, along with their faith. In this Washington Post piece, Daniel Allott focuses on the candidates' influences as husbands and fathers.
Let us pause from one of the most divisive presidential campaigns in modern American history to contemplate an aspect of the candidates around which all Americans can unite in high and bipartisan praise: Their family lives.
Though they differ in many ways, President Obama and former Massachusetts Gov. Mitt Romney both are loyal husbands, fiercely devoted fathers and all around role models as family men. What's more, both candidates' devotion to their families is rooted in their respective faith experiences.
Romney's devotion to his wife, Ann, is the stuff of legend. Their family and friends insist the couple has never had a serious argument. Whether or not thats true, the relationship seems to be founded on mutual respect and admiration.
- 5 underrated Disney movies
- A father's bucket list: 10 things I want to...
- The top 10 dream colleges in 2015
- Lexi Hansen forgives driver who hit her (+video)
- Motherhood Matters: When there is nothing...
- The Clean Cut: Time-lapse video captures...
- The Clean Cut: Mitt Romney, Jimmy Fallon...
- Wyoming ranked third in US in percentage of...
- 'Maternal feminists' defend motherhood... 54
- What makes marriage hard? These 5... 18
- 5 underrated Disney movies 17
- The Clean Cut: Mitt Romney, Jimmy... 9
- Teens may be even more distracted... 4
- What accounts for the cinematic... 3
- The Clean Cut: BYU students' video... 2
- Teen chefs compete in state cooking... 2