Faith, family values important to both presidential candidates
Charlie Neibergall, Associated Press
Our Take: Regardless of which candidate takes office next year, a family man will lead the country for the next four years. Both President Obama and Mitt Romney have proven their dedication to their families, along with their faith. In this Washington Post piece, Daniel Allott focuses on the candidates' influences as husbands and fathers.
Let us pause from one of the most divisive presidential campaigns in modern American history to contemplate an aspect of the candidates around which all Americans can unite in high and bipartisan praise: Their family lives.
Though they differ in many ways, President Obama and former Massachusetts Gov. Mitt Romney both are loyal husbands, fiercely devoted fathers and all around role models as family men. What's more, both candidates' devotion to their families is rooted in their respective faith experiences.
Romney's devotion to his wife, Ann, is the stuff of legend. Their family and friends insist the couple has never had a serious argument. Whether or not thats true, the relationship seems to be founded on mutual respect and admiration.
- 33 things I want my sons to know
- 'Duck Dynasty' dad approves of daughter's...
- Things that changed my view of marriage forever
- Linda & Richard Eyre: If we lose marriage,...
- The Clean Cut: Toddler can't help but run to...
- Mom battling cancer determined to live for...
- If Pinterest makes you feel like a failure as...
- Stuart Edge, Alex Boye, other Utah artists...
- Linda & Richard Eyre: If we lose... 39
- Experts debate whether marriage is... 30
- Liberals teach kids tolerance over... 14
- Striking or spanking a child is not a... 13
- Jon Heder becomes Napoleon Dynamite... 9
- Mom battling cancer determined to live... 7
- 'Duck Dynasty' dad approves of... 6
- 6 science-fiction and fantasy movies... 5