This week, Granger guns for its 250 win while Timpview competes in its 400th. Among coaches, Duchesne's Jerry Cowan shoots for his 50th career victory.
Four records have been set or tied this year (aside from various longest-play categories, where 99- or 100-yard plays also tie state records).
Logan's Luke Falk has attempted 518 passes so far this season, eclipsing the 490 attempts of Jordan's Alex Hart in 2009.
Pine View's Prentiss Miller carried the ball 51 times on Aug. 24, surpassing the 48 of Altamont's Kyle Foy in 2011.
Pleasant Grove's Skyler Munson caught five touchdown receptions on Aug. 17, tying the performances of Wasatch's Keefer Babbitt in 2010 and Mountain Crest's Carl Blad in 2001.
Sky View's Ethan Dursteler recorded seven sacks on Oct. 17, matching the effort of Skyline's Cumer Palepoi in 1990.
Season Passing and Receiving
In addition to setting the season-attempts record, Falk has completed 307 passes, which ranks second all-time, and only 10 completions short of Hart's record of 317.
Falk jumped to 12th from 27th last week in all-time season passing yards with 3,439. He needs just 50 to match Grizzly D.J. Nelson's 3,489 set last year to move into the Top-10. But he's over 1,000 shy of the state record.
His favorite receivers, Taylor Compton (94 receptions) and Jesse Braddy (88 catches) are third and fourth on the all-time season receptions list (the record is 100 by West Jordan's C.J. O'Neal in 2009). In addition, Braddy has 132 career receptions, the eighth-most in Utah prep history, and Compton has 103, just outside the Top-20.
Three current players rank in the top 15 in all-time rushing yards: Millard's Jesse Rhodes is 10th with 4,472 yards, Pine View's Prentiss Miller is 11th with 4,358 yards and Altamont's Kyle Foy is 15th with 3,946.
Rhodes has climbed to fifth in both rushing TDs with 58 (the record is 70) and touchdowns scored with 63 (the record is 77). He's rushed for at least 100 yards 23 times, which ties him for second all-time and one game away from tying the state record.
Miller has 21 games of 100 yards or more (tied for fifth) and ranks fourth in career carries with 634 (the record is 722). Foy is in eighth with 575.
Career Passing and Receiving
In the career passing yards category, Dixie's Blake Barney is ninth all-time with 6,580 yards and Cottonwood's Cooper Bateman follows right behind in 10th with 6,472.
Bateman's go-to receiver, Inoke Lotulelei has reached third all-time in both reception yards with 2,957 (the record is 3,445) and receptions with 182 (the record is 231). He's tied for sixth in all-time touchdown receptions with 31 (the record is 41).
Career Total Offense and More
Several other 2012 gridders rank in the all-time Top-20 in various categories.
Barney has accumulated 8,022 yards of total offense, the sixth most on record. Jordan's Austin Kafentzis is eighth with 7,982.
- BYU basketball: Dave Rose hoping Tyler Haws'...
- Utah Jazz: No lottery luck, so Jazz remain in...
- Stump the Smith: Can you answer the questions...
- 4 reasons why you need to paraglide at Point...
- ESPN trivia guru: University of Utah graduate...
- Results from Tuesday's high school softball,...
- High school softball: Copper Hills earns a...
- Utah high school updated tournament pairings...
- High school baseball: 5A, 4A state... 55
- BYU basketball: Dave Rose hoping Tyler... 23
- Bodyguards allegedly beat up 2 fans who... 19
- Utah Jazz: No lottery luck, so Jazz... 19
- Dick Harmon: BYU coach Mike Littlewood... 15
- Utah State football: New coach Matt... 11
- If hired, Jeff Hornacek will face same... 10
- Hard work, dedication pay off for... 9