Laura Seitz, Deseret News
Mayor Ralph Becker debuts Salt Lake City's new 8-foot chalkboards on Thursday. The city's Urban Intervention Project seeks feedback from residents at what will be the site of the city's Performing Arts Center. The project consists of two chalkboards asking the public to complete the following sentences:
I hope the new Performing Arts Center will
A great arts district includes
The best thing about this area is
All responses posted on the boards will be gathered and included in a public engagement effort to inform and shape decisions about the city's future performing arts venue.
- Kennecott lays off roughly 100 workers Thursday
- The future of food? 3D printing moves beyond...
- 'Mantiques' could be a ticket to more cash
- US companies challenging contraception mandate
- Couples registry gets preliminary nod from...
- S.L. draws up airport plans
- XanGo seeks ouster of co-founder in new lawsuit
- Obama threatens veto of Republican student...
- S.L. draws up airport plans 33
- Couples registry gets preliminary nod... 29
- Should we let wunderkinds drop out of... 13
- Obama opposes GOP bill on Keystone XL... 11
- IRS official to take the 5th at hearing 8
- Apple's Cook to face Senate questions... 6
- The future of food? 3D printing moves... 6
- Obama threatens veto of Republican... 6