Win McNamee, ASSOCIATED PRESS
"Only Gov. Romney can save the economy!" "No, only President Obama can save the economy."
This sort of primitive thinking epitomizes the problem that exists in our government. We the people, who act like bratty, illogical children when it comes to politics, spend too much time bickering about the opposing candidates' close-minded solutions to economic and social issues, while resolutions actually exist to every ailment in our country.
Solutions can never manifest when we restrict our view to the donkey or elephant. History proves that a bipartisan legislature creates the change most everyone wants; however, in my observation of the biased media coverage of the presidential debates, I scarcely find bipartisanship and never hear any realistic approaches to our country's issues.
As history repeats itself before our sheepish, star-struck eyes, I see that neither the candidates nor the voters truly care about the issues. If they did, there would be real bipartisan solutions. The Republicans and Democrats both believe their vision will fix the country, but only by working together will they be right.
- Jay Evensen: An Obama-created monument in...
- Richard Davis: Planned Parenthood scandal...
- In our opinion: Teacher pay one way to help...
- Letter: Eroding the BSA
- Letter: Envision Utah scam
- In our opinion: Time to phase out federal...
- In our opinion: Sen. Mike Lee's proposed...
- In our opinion: Trump's statements on Mexican...
- Five principles to help guide public... 111
- In our opinion: Sen. Mike Lee's... 79
- In our opinion: Trump's statements on... 68
- Letter: Human body 41
- Jay Evensen: An Obama-created monument... 39
- In our opinion: Teacher pay one way to... 38
- Richard Davis: Planned Parenthood... 30
- Letter: Eroding the BSA 25